Line Mechanic II
The Line Mechanic-II is an advanced level position. The Line Mechanic-II repairs and maintains machinery and mechanical equipment such as engines, motors, pneumatic tools, production and packaging machines and equipment. Assists management in achieving company objectives. This person is expected to adhere to all SOPs, cGMPs, plant quality, safety, and documentation systems requirements.
- Working knowledge of serialization equipment.
- Disassemble and reassemble change parts of machinery associated with the packaging of pharmaceutical products.
- Perform preventative maintenance on machinery according to Lannett SOPs.
- Ensure that all preventative maintenance work is completed prior to deadlines.
- Accurately perform and document any validation work specific to a packaging, manufacturing and filling mechanic.
- Ensure that maintenance work is documented properly.
- Set-up packaging and filling lines in a timely manner according to scheduling needs.
- Observes mechanical devices in operation and listens to their sounds to locate causes of trouble.
- Observe operation of packaging machines to detect and diagnose machine malfunctions.
- Dismantles devices to gain access to and remove defective parts.
- Examines form and texture of parts to detect imperfections.
- Inspects used parts to determine changes in dimensional requirements.
- Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments.
- Repairs or replaces defective parts.
- Installs special functional and structural parts in devices.
- Lubricates and cleans parts.
- Starts devices to their performance.
- Sets up and operate lathe, drill press, grinder, and other metalworking tools to make and repair parts.
- Initiates purchase order for parts and machines to minimize downtime.
- Repairs electrical equipment.
- Assist in updating, reviewing and creating SOPs.
- Be-able to follow GMP’s and SOP’s.
- Preventative maintenance on all equipment.
- Assist the packaging department when necessary.
- Some paint and building work.
- Communicate with other departments to complete the daily production schedule.
- Perform other maintenance tasks as needed.
- Follow all work orders.
- Work overtime and shift work as business needs require
- Willing to work with ladders at various heights.
- Must adhere to all uniform requirements in assigned area.
- Must comply with all company policies, safety regulations, OSHA, DEA and FDA regulations.
- Must be able to adapt to changing tasks and schedules
- Perform other duties as assigned in a timely fashion
Education, Experience and Qualifications
- High School Diploma / GED
- Must have the ability to read and understand electrical and pneumatic drawings
- Must have at least 5 years of Packaging experience
- Must pass a company paid background review to handle controlled substances.
- Must have the ability to follow clear and concise directions.
- Must have strong verbal and written command of the English Language.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Must have experience with Windows.
- Must be able to demonstrate a beginner proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- PLC and Computer Ladder knowledge preferred.
- Decision Making
o Makes recommendations – Follows instructions
o Makes decisions with significant level of guidance
- Problem Solving
o Identification of a problem and proper channels to communicate it
o Consciously or subconsciously performs cause and effect analysis and communicates most likely cause(s)
- Organizational Relations
o Ability to interact (observed behaviors against company values) with immediate peers and direct supervision within a department
o Ability to interact with subordinates, peers, and direct supervisor within a department
- Process Knowledge
o General understanding of processes within the department
o Experienced knowledge of process(es) within the department as displayed through recommended changes/enhancements
o Works independently to complete tasks assigned
o Accomplishes tasks through the efforts of a team within the same department
- Adapts to changes in the work environment.
- Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, and decimals
- Maintains proper gowning and hygiene to ensure integrity of the product as per company policies
- The employee must routinely lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- The employee will be required to perform daily tasks requiring repetitive motion and should take every effort to be informed and take necessary precautions to avoid injury.
Scope of Decision-Making:
- Decisions require basic/routine analytical judgment. Plan and perform diversified duties requiring knowledge of a particular field and the use of a wide range of procedures. Involves the exercise of judgment in the analysis of facts or conditions regarding individual problems or transactions to determine what action should be taken within the guidelines or standard practice.
Level of Supervision Provided:
- Project direction of other employees performing the same or directly related work, including assigning, reviewing, checking work, eliminating ordinary supervisory/management positions.
- Regular inside and outside the organization: Requires regular contact with subordinates and/or other departments, with occasional contacts with individuals outside the organization. Also includes jobs with regular customer/client contacts.