Tends machine that performs one or more packaging functions such as filling, labeling, and packing, containers by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Verifies accuracy of filling equipment, torque of cap closure, counts, labels, glue, outserts, and other packaging items
- Performs minor line repairs and troubleshooting
- All packers can perform duties on filling line and packaging/labeling and carton machines
- Observes operation to detect malfunctions of machine.
- Stops machine and reports malfunction to supervisor.
- Clean, inspect and maintain packaging equipment per SOPs and GMPs.
- Disassemble equipment parts and place parts in wash area
- Clean packaging/Filling rooms per SOPs and GMPs
- Attaches identifying tags or labels to materials or marks information on cases, bales, or other containers.
- Lifts heavy objects by hand (up to 65-70lb totes) or with power hoist, and cleans work area, machines, and equipment to assist machine operators.
- Operates electric powered lift trucks
- Inspects filled container to ensure that product is packaged according to specifications.
- Feeds product to conveyors and other feeding devices, and unloads packaged product.
- Replenishes packaging supplies such as wrapping paper, plastic sheet, boxes, cartons, glue, ink, or labels.
- Mounts supplies on feeding devices.
- Hand pack inserts.
- Rotate to every position on the packaging line as instructed.
- Read and apply SOP’S.
- Adhere to all company policies.
- Maintains proper gowning and hygiene to ensure integrity of the product as per company policies.
- Work overtime as needed.
- Other duties as required
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Must be able to pass a company paid background check to handle controlled substances. Requires a high school diploma or equivalent. Prior work experience is not mandatory but preferred. Ability to follow directions. Ability to read a clock. Read and write in English.
Working Condition Working around, observing and physically interacting with packaging machine that performs one or more of the following functions: filling, labeling and packaging containers. Must stand on 6” high platform to monitor machine. Use of 3 ½ foot high ladder to reach all parts of machine to perform cleaning. Very repetitious job function. Noise level is typical of a Packaging/Manufacturing environment. Machine has many moving parts and sharp edges.