Sr. Manager of Financial Operations
Position will be responsible for a wide range of key functional areas within the Accounting group. As manager of a shared services program, he or she is responsible for the proactive, responsive, and effective delivery of financial services across the organization. He or she will manage 2 direct reports and 12 indirect reports within the Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Chargeback Processing, and Gov’t Pricing departments. This role will need to be extremely hands on while simultaneously supporting corporate goals and initiatives. This person should drive process improvement using our accounting information systems to help provide more accurate and efficient processing of accounting transactions.
Major Areas of Responsibility
- Responsible for Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, and oversight of Gov’t Pricing compliance
- Work closely with FPA and G2N group to align accounts receivable collection efforts with the forecast in order to drive profitability
- Manage the development and implementation of departmental policies and procedures to drive efficiencies through our shared service delivery
- Monitor or perform ad-hoc financial analysis to address vendor payments, customer billing, and collection variances, denials and payment discrepancies on a timely basis.
- Support accounting initiatives and drive process improvement using accounting systems to help optimize more efficient and or accurate processing of transactions
- Ensure timely and accurate monthly price reporting to the government agencies
- Manage 3rd party responsible for ensuring overall compliance with Gov’t reporting policies
- Responsible for all SOX compliance related to the above duties .
- Assist in month end review and compilation of account reconciliations
- Support the Director, FP&A and /or Manager of Accounting with Ad Hoc projects.
- Assist in quarterly and annual financial and SOX audits.
- Support implementation and integration of subsidiaries SAP systems
Required Education and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting/Finance is required. MBA a plus.
- 10+ years of Accounting/Finance experience, prior pharmaceutical experience required
- Willing to commit to long hours of work during the month end/quarter end close.
- Strong accounting system skills.
- Ability to interact with all levels of personnel, including senior management.
- Ability to use advanced Excel spreadsheet functions and formulas to build and maintain models necessary to do job functions
- Knowledge of a major ERP system (i.e. SAP or JDE)