Engineering Automation Manager
Responsible for providing direction for the automation center of excellence group within the Engineering department as it relates to facility and process. Maintain automation systems and related devices in a validated state while continuing to explore and implement continuous improvement technologies. Work hand in hand with the site quality unit to uphold the highest state of compliance with automation systems/devices to support the manufacturing of pharmaceuticals in line with US, EU, Chinese, and Japanese regulations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for overseeing the automation center of excellence:
- Building Automation System (BAS)
- Process PLC/HMI
- Process Automation with recipe design and implementation
- Preventative Maintenance (automation)
- Upgrades and modifications
- Change control
- Ensure BAS is maintained in a constant state of compliance
- Manage change control of automated systems
- Develop/Manage a predictive maintenance approach within automation.
- Collaborate with Information Technology in regards to holistic Automation system infrastructure.
- Support facility infrastructure systems i.e. HVAC, Chilled Water/Steam Systems, USP water, UPS, packaging serialization, etc.
- Partner with automation vendors to design, build, qualify, and maintain state of the art systems
- Network with vendors and technical support to troubleshoot BAS and provide real time solutions.
- Design, assemble, and assign BAS preventative maintenance activities.
- Associate’s Degree
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 7+ years' experience delivering Automation technology within the Pharmaceutical industry.
- Strong background of HVAC systems; Building Automatic Control Systems
- Experienced in PLCs and applicable controls.
- Electrical, Mechanical, HVAC/Refrigeration, and Plumbing back ground.
- Knowledge of applicable regulatory standards (FDA, CFR, OSHA , EPA, etc.)
- Ability to apply engineering principals to resolve issues relating to facility equipment.
- In-depth knowledge of process control systems and automation.
- Advanced knowledge of engineering documentation requirements in a cGMP regulated environment.
- Strong initiative and integrity as well as strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to lead varying levels of experienced engineers
- Ability to handle multiple assignments with varying priorities in a manner that meets the company's goals.
- Management of budgetary projects
- An excellent technical (engineering) background, with "hands on" experience.
- Self-driven to meet objectives/goals within the organization.
- Ability to function in both office and field environments