Apparel Design Internship - Summer 2019
Our environment is customer focused and innovative. When you join Lands’ End, you will join over 5,000 talented individuals who are leaders, critical thinkers, accountable, curious, flexible, and results-minded all driving toward the same goal, to motivate customers and drive sales through multiple channels. Our 12 week summer Internship Program is held at our Lands’ End corporate headquarters in Dodgeville, WI. Dodgeville is a community of about 4,000 that offers charming restored buildings with stores, specialty shops, restaurants and professional services. Nearby Governor Dodge State Park is Wisconsin’s largest with over 5,000 scenic acres, two lakes, and a waterfall. Dodgeville is located just 45 minutes from Madison. Madison is home to the University of Wisconsin and is a progressive city with outstanding restaurants, bike trails, and beautiful lakes surrounded by numerous parks. You can apply at www.landsend.com/jobs
As a Lands’ End intern, you’ll join a diverse group of individuals from a variety of colleges, universities and areas of study for the 12 week summer program. Some highlights of our summer internship program include:
- Competitive internship salary
- Relocation assistance
- Summer Hours
- Career-building workshops
- Scholarship opportunities
- Team-building, networking activities including team project
- Leadership and cross functional learning opportunities
- Free access to an 80,000 square foot onsite fitness facility
- Merchandise discounts on Lands’ End products
Our internship program is designed with future leaders in mind and serves as a pipeline for top talent. Participants in our program receive one-on-one mentorship while working alongside seasoned designers to develop Lands’ End product – bringing concepts to life. By providing color, fabrication, silhouettes and trend ideas you will share your recommendations and support visual set up and presentation to convey the design vision. Through trend analysis and market research, you will be responsible for creating and maintaining design books and journals. You will quickly come to appreciate the complexities of growing a global, multi-channel retailer.
The Intern experience at Lands’ End is a comprehensive development-based role, designed to facilitate a robust Design career path. Interns will be immersed in the various functions of the business that contribute to the broader scope of the Design model, gaining valuable hands-on experience in skill competency areas. Lands’ End interns will be placed in one of the product areas including women’s, men’s, kid’s, and non-apparel/accessories. Intern experiences and responsibilities include but not limited to trend and competitor research, technical flats and inspiration boards, visual set ups and presentations and fittings/returns analysis.
Successful Apparel Design candidates should have the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Thorough understanding of textile construction as well as color and printing techniques.
- Strong industry knowledge and passion for the Lands’ End brand.
- Basic fit and pattern making skills.
- Passion for current fashion and emerging trends.
- Ability to work with a variety of work styles as well as the ability to work independently, flexible
- Instinct and passion for product and design, great product (taste level), and a strong product point of view.
- Customer-focused, results driven, analytical.
- Acute awareness of market trends (trend forecasting); can translate this into ideas for key items, profitable growth and measurable results.
- Innovative, critical thinker with the ability to continuously operate strategically and work cross-functionally.
- Strong leadership skills and communication skills, proven relationship builder.
- Working toward a degree in apparel design or related field
Lands’ End® is a classic American lifestyle brand with a passion for quality, legendary service, real value and a simple two-word promise to stand behind everything it sells: Guaranteed. Period.® Lands’ End delivers timeless style for Men, Women, Kids and the Home. With over 50 years of experience, Lands’ End is renowned for its culture of service for the customer and is recognized as an innovator in the industry. Lands’ End is publicly traded and listed on NASDAQ under the trading symbol (LE).