As a Retail Merchandise Manager, you will be responsible for overseeing your category through the product development process. Specific responsibilities include financial planning (demand, markup, ad ratio, and GMROI), top and bottom line profit and loss, development of new product, and evaluation of existing styles. In this role you must have a strong knowledge of the Lands’ End business, customer and the brand. In addition, you will possess a solid understanding of the competition, and translate marketplace trends to Lands’ End with an ‘eye for the product’. You will be responsible for the strategic vision of the category, identifying key items or business drivers and presenting the business plan. You will work closely with Design, Creative, Sourcing/Technical Design and Inventory partnering on product content of each catalog, quality, fit of styles, and customer fulfillment.
Successful candidates should have the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- 5-10 years buying or merchandising experience in specialty store environment
- 5-10 years product development experience in apparel
- Must be a team player with the ability to effectively interact with different communication styles
- Strong leadership, interpersonal and organizational skills required
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and manager projects from concept to completion within time constraints
- Excellent analytical, decision making and problem solving skills
- Must be organized and self motivated
- Must have strong negotiation skills and have had experience sourcing globally
Lands’ End, Inc., is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.