As a Merchant, you will be responsible for driving your category through the product development process. Specific responsibilities include financial planning, bottom line profit and loss, development of new product, and evaluation of existing styles. This person will work closely with Design, Creative, Quality and Inventory on a variety of things, including: product content of each catalog, quality and fit of styles and customer fulfillment. You will develop and execute merchandising strategies that align with the company vision and initiatives while partnering with critical cross functional partners. You will develop key concepts, key items, promotional strategies and assortments that are brand right and aligned with the Lands’ End customer.
- Acute awareness of market trends (trend forecasting); can translate this into profitable growth and measurable results.
- Instinct and passion for great product (taste level), strong product point of view.
- Strong analytical skills and financial acumen; demonstrated by the ability to analyze situations and make recommendations that are consist with the brand; critical thinker.
- Self-motivated – pushes self to perform at a higher level which in return delivers recognition and inspires others.
- Ability to lead teams and transform/develop talent.
- Flexible/nimble – continuously analyzes and reacts to the business landscape; can rally the team or quickly alter course if necessary.
- Demonstrated ability to take calculated business risks.
- Demonstrated exceptional leadership qualities; proven relationship builder.
- Proven experience working cross functionally.
- 5-10 years buying or merchandising experience either in catalog, specialty or department store environment
- 5-10 years product development experience in apparel
- Must be a team player with the ability to effectively interact with different communication styles
- Strong leadership, interpersonal and organizational skills required
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and manager projects from concept to completion within time constraints
- Excellent analytical, decision making and problem solving skills
- Must be organized and self motivated
- Must have experience in working with and traveling to foreign countries as well as domestic travel
Lands’ End, Inc., is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.