Head of Customer Analytics
Lands’ End is looking for a talented analyst to lead a small team in delivering fact-based insights to support our European growth plans. This hands-on role could suit some who is stepping up for the first time into a ‘Head Of’ position.
You could be currently working as a Customer Insights Manager and looking for the next step in your career - we are offering you a great opportunity for promotion!
As our Head of Customer Analytics you will be a player-manager, taking a hands-on leadership role building and leading a team of data analysts to leverage our significant data resources to provide valuable insights and enable fact-based decisions across our EU business.
Lands’ End is a global multi-channel retailer designing and selling American classically styled clothes. We are also a company with a great story to tell. Since 1963, we’ve earned a reputation for quality clothing, being a great place to work and providing the best customer service in the industry. In fact, we believe in our product and our people so much that everything we sell comes with an unconditional guarantee.
- Lead a small team of analytic professionals across our UK and Germany offices, developing both the business and technical skills of your team
- Partner with Marketing and Merchandising colleagues to bring new insights to address business challenges across targeting, pricing, promotions, on-site conversion, new product development and personalisation
- Become our champion and lead the adoption of a data-driven, fact-based culture across the EU business
- Collaborate with our IT team to develop the quality and variety of data assets to improve decision-making and speed-to-market
- Oversee the design and measurement of all experiments both on-line and off-line
- Take your place on the global analytics leadership team and represent the interests of the EU business when it comes to prioritisation of work and investments
How you will fit within our international team
As our Head of Customer Analytics, you will be playing a key role in our Global Analytics Leadership Team, you will not only have access to analysts in the EU but also at our headquarters in the US and our Centre of Excellence in India. Lands’ End is currently building a state-of-the-art cloud-based analytics stack and you and your EU team will have access to this environment over the coming year.
The skills and experience you will need
- Experience of working with an insight-led retailer – particularly a company with an online presence
- Excellent talent developer with the ability to coach both business and technical skills
- Ability to lead diverse teams both locally and in off-shore locations
- Proven track record of leading analytics projects with demonstrated financial impact
- Knowledge of both digital and direct marketing techniques (to include response modelling and paid search optimisation)
- Proficiency in developing experiments and measuring marketing campaigns
- Experience using insights to improve the path to purchase and increase site conversion
- Training in advanced statistics; graduate degree in a quantitative field (statistics, data science, computer science, etc.)
- Intermediate knowledge of SQL (expert knowledge highly desirable); experience with at least one of the following programming languages Python, R, SPSS, or SAS
- Ideally, experience with a cloud-based analytics environment (AWS), Adobe Analytics and Target, and Dynamic Yield would be desirable
- Bias towards action rather than analysis; ability to make decisions with incomplete data
What can we offer you?
- Competitive salary
- Annual Bonus (dependent on company performance)
- 25 days holiday + 8 Public holidays
- 50% staff discount on catalogue/website products
- Free access to a local gym and pool (just 5 minutes from Lands’ End)
- Subsidised onsite restaurant – locally sought fresh food
- Excellent road/rail links with ample onsite parking
- Plus, the usual corporate benefits – PMI, Pension, Insurance etc.
Don’t miss out on this fantastic opportunity! Click ‘apply’ now to become our Head of Customer Analytics.
This role would also suit people currently working in the role of Customer Insight Manager, Data Analytics Manager, Marketing Analytics Manager, or Analytics and Insights manager
No agencies please – we know you will be interested but only direct applications only will be accepted and we are searching for our own candidate.
You must be eligible to work in the UK.
#jobs #ukjobs #careers #ukcareers #analytics #analysis #data #dataanalysis #landsendlife #landsend