Assistant CAD Designer
An Assistant CAD Designer supports in the development of print and woven designs. As a creative, they offer input in print development where appropriate to grow skills in creation of pattern/designs. The Assistant CAD Designer collaborates with design to develop seasonal brand right prints for specific categories. They are responsible for inputting prints and yarn dyes using Kaledo/Illustrator/Photoshop to rework original artwork by changing layouts, color, size, rotation or placement of elements. Other responsibilities include facilitating the preparation and communication of print and yarn dye production to vendors, i.e. electronic transfer of information to fabric printers via e-mail or other electronic means. In addition, this person will also assist print managers in day to day responsibilities. This person must be familiar with technical characteristics of equipment (including printers, scanners) and perform daily maintenance as needed.
Successful candidates should have the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Four-year Design or related degree, or 1-2 years experience/internship in the CAD field
- Basic knowledge of Kaledo is strongly preferred
- Skills in creating original artwork, repeats, scales, textures knits & weaves and color theory
- Proficient in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
- Knowledge of fabric construction and color as well as textile manufacturing and printing processes
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and manage projects from concept to completion
- Excellent problem-solving skills
Lands’ End® is a classic American lifestyle brand with a passion for quality, legendary service, real value and a simple two-word promise to stand behind everything it sells: Guaranteed. Period.® Lands’ End delivers timeless style for Men, Women, Kids and the Home. With over 50 years of experience, Lands’ End is renowned for its culture of service for the customer and is recognized as an innovator in the industry. Lands’ End is publicly traded and listed on NASDAQ under the trading symbol (LE).