Retail Inventory Planning Manager
Manager, Inventory Planning (Retail)
Lands’ End® is a classic American lifestyle brand with a passion for quality, legendary service, real value and a simple two-word promise to stand behind everything it sells: Guaranteed. Period.® Lands’ End delivers timeless style for Men, Women, Kids and the Home. With over 50 years of experience, Lands’ End is renowned for its culture of service for the customer and is recognized as an innovator in the industry. Lands’ End is publicly traded and listed on NASDAQ under the trading symbol (LE).
Lands’ End is currently looking for a Manager of Inventory Planning to join its U.S. Retail business.
- Develop, execute and communicate strategic merchandise financial plans and strategies that support the merchandising, marketing and financial objectives and strategies of a division/categories
- Support overall company and brand objectives to drive financial results that maximize sales, margin, and inventory.
- Prioritize and manage expectations around key deliverables with cross-functional team, direct reports and peers.
- Analyze historical product performance and current business trends to support seasonal merchandise/assortment planning
- Reconcile tops-down and bottoms-up plans
- Develop monthly forecasts of sales, margin and inventory and develop strategies to meet category financial goals
- Communicate financial results, forecasts, and action plans to director and cross-functional team on a weekly basis, identifying risks and opportunities
- Conducting in-season performance tracking, reporting and analysis
- Providing markdown analysis and recommendations
- Lead a team of Inventory Planners and Analysts in their daily efforts, supporting their career development through ongoing coaching
- Spearhead continuous improvement initiatives, collaborating with peers to ensure consistency of information, share best practices and develop tools/systems knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (economics, finance, marketing, etc.) or equivalent work experience
- A minimum of 5 years experience in inventory management or related position
- A solid understanding of common planning and forecasting processes and procedures
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient use of Excel, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and other PC based applications
- Strong leadership, relationship building, and collaboration skills