Lands’ End® is a classic American lifestyle brand with a passion for quality, legendary service, real value and a simple two-word promise to stand behind everything it sells: Guaranteed. Period.® Lands’ End delivers timeless style for Men, Women, Kids and the Home. With over 50 years of experience, Lands’ End is renowned for its culture of service for the customer and is recognized as an innovator in the industry. Lands’ End is publicly traded and listed on NASDAQ under the trading symbol (LE).
The Data Scientist develops and executes complex statistical and mathematical solutions to improving user engagement, conversion, Average Order Value, and other business outcomes. Designs, develops and programs methods, processes, and systems to consolidate and analyze diverse big data sources to generate actionable insights and solutions to optimize the customer experience across all touch points.
- Develops and codes software programs, algorithms, mathematical approaches and automated processes to solve business problems.
- Uses analytical rigor and statistical methods, machine learning, programming, data modeling, simulation and advanced mathematics to analyze large amounts of data, recognizing patterns, identifying opportunities, posing business questions and making valuable discoveries.
- Researches new ways for modeling and predictive behavior for large scale projects.
- Generate and test hypotheses, designing experiments to answer targeted questions of advanced complexity.
- Define data needs, evaluate data quality, and extract/manipulate data in a "Big Data" environment.
- Documents projects including business objective, data gathering and processes, leading approaches, final algorithm, detailed set of results and analytical metrics.
- Interface closely with business teams to understand/define key challenges, data requirements, and domain knowledge/models.
- Interprets and communicates insights and findings.
- Coaches and mentors less experienced associates.
- Consistently demonstrates regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
- Decision Making
- 5 years advanced statistical techniques such as predictive statistical models, customer profiling, segmentation analysis, survey design and analysis, and data mining.
- Advanced proficiency in working with large datasets in a 'Big Data' environment, preferably in retail/e-commerce or other customer facing industry
- Experience with extraction and manipulation of relational databases (SQL)
- Programming and analytical experience in major analytics software packages (SAS, R, Python, SPSS, Matlab, Perl, Linear, etc)
- Strong attention to detail when identifying data relationships, trends, and anomalies
- Ability to generate quick, iterative solutions to a business problems, from online marketing to merchandising
- Experience with unstructured data sets, cloud based architectures, and deployment frameworks for machine learning algorithms (e.g. Hadoop, Spark, Hive, Hbase, Mahout, etc.)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to read, write, and interpret business and technical documents. Ability to communicate complex information
- Advanced statistical knowledge, including experience with application of statistic to predictive analytics, probabilistic modeling, and unstructured text analysis
- Works under minimal supervision with wide latitude for independent judgment. Projects are large in scope with a high level of complexity.
- Ability to take initiative and deliver tangible results under deadlines
- Flexibility to work across all functions/levels as part of a dynamic team
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs.
- Bachelor's Degree in Applied Statistics/Mathematics/Economics and Operations Research or Computer Science and 6 or more years of progressively complex experience (Master's Degree preferred)