Director, Data Science
Lands’ End® is a classic American lifestyle brand with a passion for quality, legendary service, real value and a simple two-word promise to stand behind everything it sells: Guaranteed. Period.® Lands’ End delivers timeless style for Men, Women, Kids and the Home. With over 50 years of experience, Lands’ End is renowned for its culture of service for the customer and is recognized as an innovator in the industry. Lands’ End is publicly traded and listed on NASDAQ under the trading symbol (LE).
The Director of Data Science is an entrepreneurial executive with strong data science background and experience in leveraging data to drive tangible growth in an ecommerce organization. An ideal candidate is a combination of a thought leader and hands-on executive who have demonstrated success in developing and implementing innovative and best-in-class data-science driven strategies.
This is a hands-on leadership role, building and leading a team of data scientists to improve our ability to customer personalization but also develops advanced analytics to support other areas of the business.
- Work with VP of eCommerce and Innovation to develop and deliver the vision of a data science driven – enterprise.
- Lead advanced analytic team in exploiting data in an effort to promote growth and business development via deep data mining analysis.
- Develop and implement strategies to leverage data science for each stage of customer lifecycle marketing.
- Develop and implement various types of predictive models, segmentation strategies, optimization algorithms, and data mining analyses with a targeted result of increasing revenue
- Drive multi-channel analytics for online and integrated online/offline contexts
- Incorporate best-in-class data science driven approaches and tools to improve prospect targeting, new customer acquisition and delivering personalized online experience.
- Partner with IT partners to develop single source of truth data warehouse to improve decision-making and speed-to-market
- Develop and lead the rapid test-and-learn team to improve every aspect of digital marketing and eCommerce.
- Lead the development of the Big Data Center of Excellence to develop Big Data IT and organization infrastructure to drive transformation.
- Perform R & D on new innovative analytic techniques
- Summarize and present analyses to Marketers, Merchants, Vendors, and Executives
- 10+ years in a quantitative business; 5+ years in marketing
- Proven track record leading large-scale/complex marketing analytics
- Demonstrated thought leadership within an analytics domain with mastery of the digital analytics space
- Strong communication skills, inclusive of executive level team members, with the ability to explain complex concepts to a diverse audience
- Creates measurement strategies, learning agendas and roadmaps using input from internal stakeholders.
- Develops innovative, problem-solving approaches and presents deliverables that articulate business value/impact.
- Maintains positive, collaborative partnerships with internal stakeholders.
- Demonstrates strong analytical, project management, storytelling and communication skills.
- Proven success in driving changes and delivering exceptional business results
- Extended experience (3+ years) in a Big Data ecosystem
- Familiar with the best-in-class tools and approaches in data-science driven lifecycle marketing
- Strong technical acumen, curiosity, and creativity.
- Data Scientist/statistician background preferred.
- BS, MBA, or MS in quantitative studies