Lands’ End® is a classic American lifestyle brand with a passion for quality, legendary service, real value and a simple two-word promise to stand behind everything it sells: Guaranteed. Period.® Lands’ End delivers timeless style for Men, Women, Kids and the Home. With over 50 years of experience, Lands’ End is renowned for its culture of service for the customer and is recognized as an innovator in the industry. Lands’ End is publicly traded and listed on NASDAQ under the trading symbol (LE).
The Inventory Planner is responsible for the generation and management of Lands’ End product forecasts and managing inventory. You will interact on a regular basis with Merchandising and Sourcing to manage the strategic financial plans by category. Other responsibilities include analyzing historical product performance and current business trends to support seasonal merchandise/assortment planning and identifying risk and opportunities by category; conducting in-season performance tracking, reporting, and analysis; and managing processes to meet risk inventory and fulfillment goals.
- Develop, execute and communicate strategic PC to color and size plans and inventory buys and forecasts that support the merchandising, marketing and financial objectives and strategies of a division/category or customer
- Deliver pre-season projections and early commits
- Drive financial results that maximize sales, inventory and bottom line profitability resulting in gross margin return on investment (GMROI) and inventory turn goals
- Analyze historical data, productivity, and current trends to identify risks and opportunities
- Provide key insights and recommendations to depth and timing of price cuts through product lifecycle
- Recap and analyze actual key financial metrics as it results to plan, (OTB), and LY. Forecast in-season financial metrics and inventories on a weekly/monthly/quarterly basis
- Actively evaluate business results, creating action steps and recommendations to ensure delivery of plan and maintain revised forecasts in system tools
- Collaborate with merchandising to develop and communicate a comprehensive strategy that aligns future financial and product opportunities
- Participate in company and brand initiatives as appropriate
- Communicate financial results, forecasts, and action plans to manager and cross-functional team on a weekly basis
- Support a collaborative, innovative, and results-oriented environment with peers and cross-functional team resulting in shared best practices
- Provide manager with timely feedback on personal development and training needs
- Collaborate with peers to ensure consistency of information, share best practices and develop systems knowledge
- Actively partner cross functionally to drive shared business goals and key outcomes
- Initiate and maintain regular communication with global business partners.
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Bachelor's degree in Retail, Merchandising, Finance or a related field
- Demonstrate strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Possesses a clear understanding of financial measurements which could include: sales, gross margin, gross margin return on investment, weeks on hand, weeks of supply, etc. and how to positively impact these metrics
- Able to develop and maintain strong working relationships with peers and cross-functional teams
- Demonstrates strong listening and communication skills; able to present business strategies and action plans
- Flexible and adaptive to changing priorities.
- Able to organize and prioritize workload to meet deadlines
- Proficiency in using Just Enough, Planning and Forecasting, Business Objects, LE Mainframe, Excel, and other required PC based packages
- 3-4 years’ experience as a Planner (end to end responsibilities) or equivalent.