Senior Women's Sweaters Designer
The Senior Women's Sweater Designer will lead and mentor a team of Designers to design and develop women's sweaters and manage product design in support of department strategy and business objectives.
The Senior Designer is responsible for designing and developing women's sweaters by interpreting concepts into finished product. This includes developing themes, color, fabrication, and silhouettes for the upcoming season as well as working with mills to develop original textures and patterns. Other responsibilities include presenting lines in concept meetings, conduct raw material research, market research, flat sketches and fashion illustrations if needed.
The Senior Designer is responsible for developing and coaching associate and assistant designers as well as building relationships with Merchandising, Product Development and Quality. They would collaborate with Merchandising and Sourcing to achieve product execution. This person will be responsible for following the Lands’ End design direction; adapting their design ideas into product that serves the Lands’ End customer and drives the Lands’ End brand.
- Minimum of 8-10 years of women's apparel design experience. At least 5 years of sweater design experience.
- They must possess a thorough understanding of yarns, gauges, construction, color and printing techniques
- Ability to do flat drawings/sketches for design and prototypes
- Able to interpret trends and translate them to the Lands' End customer
- Strong knowledge of industry resources
- Exceptional organization skills and attention to detail, as well as have the ability to meet deadlines and work in a team environment.
- Strong presentation and interpersonal skills, written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to lead and mentor
- Travel is required.
Lands’ End is a premier source of apparel and gear for women, men, kids and the home – sold by catalog, online, and nearly 300 Lands’ End Shops at Sears. Since 1963, we’ve earned a reputation for quality, value and exceptional customer service embodied by one simple promise: everything we sell is Guaranteed. Period.®.