Lands’ End Business Outfitters Data Science Marketing Internship (undergrad)
Lands’ End Business Outfitters Data ScienceMarketing Internship (undergrad)
Lands’ End® is a classic American lifestyle brand with a passion for quality, legendary service, real value and a simple two-word promise to stand behind everything it sells: Guaranteed. Period.® Lands’ End delivers timeless style for Men, Women, Kids and the Home. With over 50 years of experience, Lands’ End is renowned for its culture of service for the customer and is recognized as an innovator in the industry. Lands’ End is publicly traded and listed on NASDAQ under the trading symbol (LE).
Our environment is customer focused and innovative. When you join Lands’ End, you will join over 5,000 talented individuals who are leaders, critical thinkers, accountable, curious, flexible, and results-minded all driving toward the same goal, to motivate customers and drive sales through multiple channels. Our 12-week summer Internship Program is held at our Lands’ End corporate headquarters in Dodgeville, WI. Dodgeville is a community of about 4,000 that offers charming restored buildings with stores, specialty shops, restaurants and professional services. Nearby Governor Dodge State Park is Wisconsin’s largest with over 5,000 scenic acres, two lakes, and a waterfall. Dodgeville is located just 45 minutes from Madison. Madison is home to the University of Wisconsin and is a progressive city with outstanding restaurants, bike trails, and beautiful lakes surrounded by numerous parks. You can apply at www.landsend.com/jobs
As a Lands’ End intern, you’ll join a diverse group of individuals from a variety of colleges, universities and areas of study for the 12-week summer program. Some highlights of our summer internship program include:
- Competitive internship salary
- Relocation assistance
- Summer Hours
- Career-building workshops
- Scholarship opportunities
- Team-building, networking activities including team project
- Leadership and cross functional learning opportunities
- Free access to an 80,000 square foot onsite fitness facility
- Merchandise discounts on Lands’ End products
Our internship program is designed with future leaders in mind and serves as a pipeline for top talent. Participants in our program receive one-on-one mentorship while working alongside seasoned Marketing professionals. You will work with the team to develop and provide analysis and identify opportunities for innovation, efficiency and productivity. We will look to you to share your ideas and recommendations. The Intern experience at Lands’ End is a comprehensive development-based role, designed to facilitate a robust Marketing career path. Interns will be immersed and integrated in the various functions of Marketing and understand the factors that contribute to the broader scope of Marketing while gaining valuable hands-on experience in skill competency areas.
The Lands’ End Business Outfitters intern will focus on customer file analysis with the following objectives: create a summary of findings using all external and internal data elements, make recommendations on key findings, create possible model(s) to validate and use for future marketing initiatives. This project is all about further understanding our customers and creating opportunities for targeted and personalized communications.
- Support reporting and data needs for Marketing including developing new reports and automating existing.
- Extract, collect and clean datasets from a variety of sources.
- Use best practices to assist in development of machine learning techniques to build models that address business needs by developing reports, uncovering trends and diagnosing problems.
- Collaborate with the team in order to improve effectiveness of marketing decisions through the use of data.
- Identify untapped areas of analysis and assist in implementation & conclusions.
- Assist in research and other analytical tasks as needed.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Pursuing a degree in Data Science, Statistics or related quantitative field preferred.
- Academic training or exposure to advanced statistical modeling, advanced analytics, predicative analysis, etc.
- Strong desire to explore data sources to uncover hidden trends and marketing opportunities for the organization.
- Self-directed, detail & team oriented with a keen interest and proclivity toward problem-solving and analytics using data.
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite, especially Excel, along with standard business intelligent tools.
- Ability to develop effective reporting from data analysis.
- Experience and exposure to SQL is preferred but not required.