Associate Designer Women's Knits
The person in this position is responsible for designing and developing product by interpreting concepts into finished product. This includes developing themes, color, fabrication, and silhouettes for the upcoming season as well as working with mills to develop original textures and patterns. Other responsibilities include the development of presentation boards and presenting lines in concept meetings. They would also conduct raw material research, market research, flat sketches and fashion illustration, detailed specs, and fabric/trim research and allocations. This person would be responsible for developing and coaching associate and assistant designers as well as building and developing relationships with Merchandising and Quality. They would collaborate with Merchandising and Sourcing to achieve production execution. This person will also be responsible for following the Lands’ End design direction; adapting their design ideas into product that serves the Lands’ End customer and drives the Lands’ End brand.
Successful candidates will have the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- A thorough understanding of textile construction, color and printing techniques.
- Ability to do flat drawings/sketches for design prototypes.
- Able to interpret trends and translate them to our customer.
- Knowledge of industry resources.
- Good organization skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- CAD experience is preferred.
- Travel is required.