Due to the continuing investment we are making and growing our data analytics teams, we currently have an opportunity for a customer / marketing focused Insights Analyst to join our team based at our Headquarters in Oakham, the beautiful county town of Rutland. You will join us on a full time, permanent basis and in return will receive a competitive salary.
Lands’ End is a global multi-channel retailer designing and selling American classically styled clothes. We are also a company with a great story to tell. Since 1963, we’ve earned a reputation for quality clothing, being a great place to work and providing the best customer service in the industry. In fact, we believe in our product and our people so much that everything we sell comes with an unconditional guarantee.
The Insights Analyst is a key member of our European Customer Analytics Team, whose leader reports directly to the Global Analytics Team, headquartered in Dodgeville, Wisconsin, USA. Our ideal candidate will be currently working in, or will have, a strong background of working in a data science or insight analysis team, with a definite focus on leveraging deep data resources to provide analytics on customer data and providing insights for marketing related decisions.
Working with key business partners (Marketing, Merchandising, and Planning) across our European offices in Oakham, Rutland, United Kingdom and Mettlach, Saarland, Germany, the role is also part of a global data team, so will including working with and learning from our US Head Office insights team, to provide timely, relevant, and actionable insights across a wide range of business challenges. This will require creative problem solving.
What you will be doing as our Insights Analyst:
- Co-ordinate with different business functions to analyse and provide recommendations on a broad range of customer related analytics topics including marketing program initiatives, product sales performance, and customer experience optimisation.
- Build and score complex models to target the right customers with the right product at the right time to improve customer response.
- Develop and implement data analysis methodologies to ensure optimal interpretation of diverse data sources (customer, transaction, clickstream, etc.).
- Challenge and improve Lands’ End’s analytical capability through development of tools or processes that offer opportunities to Lands’ End.
- Working with global counterparts, identify opportunities for standardisation and automation of existing solutions and processes to enable Lands’ End to realise the maximum potential from our teams.
- Acquire and prepare data from primary and secondary sources for analysis.
- Perform hands-on analysis using the full suite of technical tools (SQL, Python, R, Adobe Analytics, etc.) to create timely, relevant, and actionable insights.
- Ensure business insights are delivered on time, within budget and to brief specification whilst ensuring minimal downtime and maximum utilisation.
- Work closely with key internal stakeholders to ensure sound knowledge of LE customer and business context.
Our Insights Analyst will have the following skills & experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in a numerate subject e.g. Stats, Maths, Physics, Economics, etc.
- Minimum of 3 years commercial experience within data science or insight analysis, focussing on customer data for marketing related decision making.
- Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques.
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analysing datasets (Python, R, SAS, or SPSS).
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyse, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Adept at SQL queries, report writing and presenting findings.
- Experience with AWS/cloud analytical and data visualisation tools would be an advantage.
- Story-telling using data and insight.
We don't publish our salaries, so if you want to know more please get in touch.
Don’t miss out on this fantastic opportunity! Click ‘apply’ now to become our Insights Analyst.
No agencies please.
You must be eligible to work in the UK.