Sales Associate - Aurora, IL
As a Sales Associate, you are a member of a talented team that represents Lands' End to the customer by providing exceptional service in a professional, courteous and helpful manner. This position enhances the experience of our customers and drives profitable sales by providing product expertise and advanced selling skills. Sales Associates also assist in ensuring that both store and visual brand standards are being met.
Positions are part-time, approximately 25 hours per week.
- Drives sales by utilizing approved consultative selling practices to identify customer needs and provide appropriate solutions; this can include suggesting outfitting options and related items to generate multiple unit sales, providing fitting room assistance, and participating in customer outreach activities
- Provides highest degree of customer service; including courteously, conversationally greeting customers, adjusting individual customer attention based on store traffic, suggesting solutions based on customer interests and needs
- Maintains knowledge of Lands’ End website navigation and leverages this option for customer solutions when the product is not available in the store
- Processes customer transactions efficiently using the POS and online system, including sales, returns, exchanges, etc. in accordance to authorized procedures
- Maintains knowledge of Lands’ End products and services, along with current fashion trends to enhance level of customer service and generate sales
- Performs markdown and other promotional activities as needed
- Responsible for stock replenishment and adhering to visual brand standards.
- Excellent selling skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers and fellow employees
- Ability to receive feedback and take action when appropriate
- Ability to follow written and verbal instruction and meet deadlines on projects/tasks
- Flexible and adaptable to change
- Knowledge of Lands’ End merchandise is strongly preferred
- Previous experience in retail strongly preferred
- Availability and flexibility to work varied hours to support the needs of the business
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to lift boxes up to 40 pounds