We currently have an opportunity for a Customs Co-ordinator to join our team based at our Headquarters in Oakham, the beautiful county town of Rutland. You will join us on a full time, permanent basis and in return will receive a competitive salary.
Lands’ End is a global multi-channel retailer designing and selling American classically styled clothes. We are also a company with a great story to tell. Since 1963, we’ve earned a reputation for quality clothing, being a great place to work and providing the best customer service in the industry. In fact, we believe in our product and our people so much that everything we sell comes with an unconditional guarantee.
We are an international fashion retailer with our European distribution centre receiving stock from all over the world and shipping out customer orders across all of mainland Europe. As our Customs Co-ordinator you will ensure the smooth and efficient operation of inbound and outbound stock movements in line with Customs requirements. This is a new position and you will have the opportunity to work closely with your business partners within the UK, Germany and the USA which includes our EU Finance, Operations, Planning teams along with our external suppliers.
At Lands’ End our focus is on our customer – as our Customs Coordinator your role will be:
- Co-ordinating the customs clearance submissions and communication between our in-house Shipment Manager, Duty Management System, Transportation company, freight forwarders and customs brokers in UK and Netherlands.
- Preparing and processing import and export Customs entries according to Customs regulations, laws, or procedures using our Duty Management System
- Maintaining records of clearance, being organised and accurate with all systems are essential requirements
- Liaising with colleagues internally on a daily basis regarding clearance
- Any follow up with customs compliance in UK or Netherlands
- Quick resolution to rejected/queried declarations
- Working to support our teams to deliver our best in class customer service
Our Customs Co-ordinator will have the following skills & experience:
- Significant experience of working in a similar role within the shipping industry/ freight forwarding
- Full knowledge of customs procedures and principles on both Imports, Exports and Transit on all transport modes including knowledge on Customs Warehousing, Transit (NCTS) and CFSP
- Knowledge of Duty Management Systems (ideally Langdon Systems)
- Dealing with general enquiries related to Customs clearance process and any additional documentation requirements
- Experience of dealing with import and exports to the Netherlands would be an advantage
- The ability to identify and report problems in a timely manner
- In depth knowledge of tariff classification
- A good level of numeracy and literacy
- Must be able to meet deadlines and to be able to work under pressure
- Excellent IT skills
- A strong understanding of customer service, both for our external and internal customers
- The ability to work as a team and with people at all levels in the wider business
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- The ability to work in a fast paced, changing environment
- Attention to detail and a high level of accuracy in their work
- Possess a methodical and organised approach to work with the ability to think ahead and prioritise tasks
Desirable competencies / experiences:
- Experience of working within a retail and/or direct marketing business
We don't publish our salaries, so if you want to know more please get in touch.
Don’t miss out on this fantastic opportunity! Click ‘apply’ now to become our Customs Co-ordinator.No agencies please. We know you may be interested but we will only consider direct applicants for this role. Thank you
You must be eligible to work in the UK.