Senior Customer Insight Analyst (m/f)
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced analyst to join our team as our Senior Customer Insight Analyst. You will lead a team of analysts who form part of our European Customer Analytics and Business Information team, which sits within our wider European Marketing team based in Mettlach, Germany and Oakham, Rutland, UK.
The role is a full time and permanent, based in our Mettlach office, offering a competitive salary.
Lands’ End is a global multi-channel retailer designing and selling American classically styled clothes. We are also a company with a great story to tell. Since 1963, we’ve earned a reputation for quality clothing, being a great place to work and providing the best customer service in the industry. In fact, we believe in our product and our people so much that everything we sell comes with an unconditional guarantee.
About the Senior Customer Insight Analyst role
This role is responsible for scoping, managing and delivering actionable insights that drive sales and customer loyalty by efficiently analysing behavioural or attitudinal data. You'll be the voice of the customer when looking at, and understanding, performance across our marketing activities and the performance of retailers, categories or brands.
You will be responsible for the management and development of a small team of analysts, this role is based in our Mettlach office with cross functional relationships with our business teams in the UK.
Responsibilities of our Senior Customer Insight Analyst:
- Tracks marketing and sales performance across acquisition, demand, conversion and retention – daily performance, weekly trading, monthly and quarterly reviews
- Provides a customer view of sales performance and opportunities
- Insights - identifies customer segments, purchase behaviour and product marketing opportunities
- Customer selections for campaigns, marketing engagement and interaction
- Maintenance of test panels – VOC (email, product feedback
- Hands-on analysis of our database using the full suite of technical tools (SQL, Access, Tableau, Excel etc.) to create timely, relevant and actionable insights.
- Identify opportunities to roll out new data science methods, technologies and thinking, bringing in best practices from the global data science team.
- Contribute to shaping and delivering the work plan, ensuring that best practice and innovative ideas are adopted.
- Scope and manage projects from beginning to end, including all commercial elements to ensure that projects are delivered on time, within budget and to brief specification.
- Work closely with stakeholders to ensure sound knowledge of client objectives and customer insight, to subsequently design best-in-class solutions.
- Proactively manage the adoption of world-class science, and champion the capture and sharing of knowledge across the analytical community.
- Guide and direct analysts in realising efficiencies and creating standard processes, such as ways of automating code, removing manual tasks, or re-engineering processes.
- Role model best practice analytical behaviours such as project management and QA to ensure a consistently high quality of work is delivered on time.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in a numerate subject e.g. Stats, Maths, Physics, Economics, etc
- Minimum of 4 years commercial experience within data science or insight analysis
- Data Visualisation
- Data blending and manipulation/understanding
- Secondary Market Research / Desk Research
- Story-telling using data and insight
- Quantitative and Qualitative Research Techniques
- A strong team player with the ability to build relationships with the team and business partners in both Germany and the UK
- The ability to identify and articulate opportunities for business development
- Enthusiastic with the ability to engage others to deliver work to a very high standard
- Advanced problem solving skills with the ability to work in a fast paced, changing environment
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to multi task, especially when under pressure
- Drive to continuously develop personal skills and advance those of the wider team
- Continually look for improvements in process, bring efficiencies to working practices
Desirable competencies / experience:
- Experience of working within a retail and/or direct marketing business
- Experience of managing, leading and developing a team
Don’t miss out on this fantastic opportunity! Click ‘apply’ now to become our Senior Customer Insight Analyst.No agencies please.