Director of Retail Marketing
Lands’ End® is a classic American lifestyle brand with a passion for quality, legendary service, real value and a simple two-word promise to stand behind everything it sells: Guaranteed. Period.® Lands’ End delivers timeless style for Men, Women, Kids and the Home. With over 50 years of experience, Lands’ End is renowned for its culture of service for the customer and is recognized as an innovator in the industry. Lands’ End is publicly traded and listed on NASDAQ under the trading symbol (LE).
As a Director of Retail Marketing, you will establish strategic marketing plans and programs to drive traffic that support revenue objectives for our retail channel, including the Lands’ End Company Operated Stores. In this role, you will research, analyze, and monitor financial metrics, technological factors, and customer segments to capitalize on retail marketing opportunities aligned with overall Lands’ End Brand Strategies. Important to your success will be ability to integrate implementation efforts of marketing initiatives across functions and organizations to ensure a consistent brand image and optimization of customer contacts.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Responsible for overseeing the creation of marketing plans, events, promotions, advertising and marketing communication strategies
- Evaluates market research, test results and competitive intelligence to adjust retail marketing strategies to meet changing market and competitive conditions
- Actively lead and partner with all cross-functional partners including key stakeholders, product management, public relations, e-channel management, marketing operations and consumer insights and analysis.
- Develops and manages retail marketing operating budget
- Plans and oversees advertising and promotion activities including print, online, electronic media, and direct mail specific to the retail channel
- Ensures superior execution and effective control of marketing results, and takes corrective action to adjust marketing plans and activities to ensure results
- Establishes and maintains a consistent corporate image throughout all marketing initiatives
- Track performance and establish metrics as needed.
- 10+ years in a marketing management and strategic planning role supporting a retail organization
- Specialty retail experience, supporting store openings and ongoing marketing efforts
- Strong leadership and consensus building skills
- The ability to develop successful business relationships and work at all levels of the organization
- Must possess top-level business management, interpersonal, and facilitation skills
- Demonstrated ability to analyze situations, develop and research alternatives, and make customer-focused recommendations
- Comfort with ambiguity and change; able to make strong recommendations and decisions despite ambiguous situations
- Strong project management skills; able to deliver consistent high quality results on time and within budget
- Ability to focus the organization on efforts that add significant value
- Ability to direct the work of direct and indirect reports as well as cross-functional partners
- Bachelor Degree in Marketing / MBA Preferred