Responsible for the Quality Management Systems across the Plant to provide “Best-in-Class” Quality products, processes, and systems while driving timely corrective action for recurring product failures, both internal and external. Responsible for establishing strategic plans, policies and procedures at all levels to ensure the quality system will meet or exceed internal and external customers’ needs and expectations.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES (other duties as assigned):
• Performs routine analysis of total COQ/COF, both internal and external, identify top opportunities, conducts pareto analysis, and prioritizes product failures in need of prompt corrective action. Monitors supplier quality performance and ensures in-coming parts meet engineering specifications. Works with suppliers on corrective actions.
• Establish strategic plans, policies and procedures at all levels to ensure the quality system will meet or exceed internal and external customers’ needs and expectations. Facilitate interpretation of the budget and impact of the counter-measures and verify savings accomplished and align them with target costing and divisional initiatives.
• Provide multiple levels of training for all department team members: lean training, quality training, team building, cross training, etc., assisting each team member in growing individually in preparation for further advancement. Coordinates and manages all Quality training for the campus such as KT problem solving training, APQP, FMEA’s, PFMEA’s, DFM, DFA, six sigma, etc.
• Following the completion of corrective actions, monitors the affected product field failure trend data to verify the effectiveness of corrective actions. Communicates improvements to the entire organization through various media (i.e. newsletter, meetings, town halls, plant meetings, staff meetings, etc.) Leads and drives “Zero” defect culture across the organization through training and ongoing communication.
• Follows the status of the development of new products. Ensure all elements of Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) are followed and gate deliverables are met. Provides continuous improvement to new product launch, follows through to full production and sustains superior quality throughout the product life cycle.
• Responsible for independent product audit resources to assure production validation prior to release to the customer (ex. final and in-process product inspection). Determines inspection levels and frequency appropriate to the situation. Establishes and plans internal audits including product, process, and quality management system. Executes corrective actions for audit findings in a timely manner.
• Manages the QIS Quality Information System for gathering data throughout the operations. Assures that measurement systems used in the quality system are appropriate to the current level of the quality system.
• Facilitate individuals or teams through a formal problem solving methodology and develop a prioritizing system for problem solving initiatives.
• Determines the need for statistical methods to analyze variation as appropriate for the level of the quality system. Uses this information to drive a “Fact -Based Decision Making” quality system.
• Supports the action items and activities of the Dealer Customer Partnership program as they relate to product and process quality improvements. Provides prompt response to the product complaints of External Sales Reps and Associates, including acknowledgment of receipt of the complaint and resolution of the product problem.
• Supports NPS score initiatives and reviews DOMO system data.
SCOPE & IMPACT:
Coordinates all aspects of the system such as developing and administering the system, training, coaching employees, and facilitating change throughout the organization. Ensures that manufacturing operations are capable, and meets all engineering specifications and test requirements. Interfaces with Research and Development, Manufacturing, and Supplier quality to drive quality improvements and ensure quality launches of new products.
• Bachelor’s degree with 6-8 years of relevant experience or equivalent
• 3-5 years of supervisory / leadership experience
• Understanding of ASQ CQM body of knowledge (CQM certification meets requirements)
• Basic knowledge of COQ (cost of quality) and how it relates to problem solving
• Understanding of quality management systems like ISO9000
• Knowledge of advanced quality tools like FMEA, DOE, QFD, 6-sigma
• Up to 10% travel
• Skilled use of advanced quality tools like FMEA, DOE, QFD, 6-sigma
• Six Sigma Green Belt certification
• Certified Quality Manager (CQM), American Society for Quality Certification (ASQ), Certified Quality Engineer (CQE)
• Understanding NPS scoring.
• Familiar with DOMO system.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Approximately 5 direct reports.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Operates in a professional office environment as well as within a manufacturing environment subject to inside environmental conditions and noise. Often required to sit, use repetitive hand motion, hear, listen, talk, stand, and walk. Seldom required to climb stairs, reach overhead, pull, push, and lift up to 30 pounds.
Lead the Team
Impact and Influence
Coach and Develop
OTHER DUTIES: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the incumbent for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
La-Z-Boy Incorporated and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers that support and subscribe to a policy of nondiscrimination in all aspects of employment. La-Z-Boy will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other reason prohibited by applicable laws.