Paralegal, Compliance and Employment Law
Performs specifically delegated substantive legal work for which attorneys in Legal Department are responsible, coordinates work within department and with other departments, provides administrative functions as needed.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
• Providing direct support to the Legal Department for legal matters.
• Manages and maintains internal legal department recordkeeping, including legal department filings, and various trackers (e.g., subpoenas, litigation, EEOC, litigation holds, etc.).
• Assists in preparation of periodic litigation reports and manages a litigation calendar.
• Coordinates litigation and pre-litigation matters, including performing internal investigations; acting as primary coordinator of discovery; conducting internal information gathering and document collection and assisting in preparation of subpoena responses, discovery responses, and affidavits.
• Supports ethics and compliance matters, including maintenance of corporate policies, conflicts and related parties, and training development and oversight.
• Manages garnishments, court orders, and official notifications, working closing with human resources and payroll departments.
• Oversees handling of small claims actions, communicating with company personnel, in-house counsel, and local counsel as needed.
• Manages intake of company’s Ethics Hotline reports, distributing as necessary, creating/updating files and database, and supporting investigations as necessary.
• Manages multiple databases, including permanent legal documents, litigation summaries, and legal bills, and generating quarterly reports.
• Monitors the federal SaferProducts.gov website for submitted consumer concerns, and manages the process, ensuring an appropriate response is submitted.
• Provides administrative support to the Legal Department related to purchasing, coding and processing invoices, drafting and disseminating communications, scheduling, notarizing and authenticating documents, shipping, filing, and archiving electronic and paper documents.
• Cross-trained in SEC and Board preparation activities, performing related responsibilities as needed.
SCOPE & IMPACT:
Supports other members of the Legal Department, involvement in matters of high importance to the organization, including managing small litigation matters with attorney supervision.
• Associate’s Degree in business or related field, with 4-6 years of experience or equivalent
• Paralegal certification or comparable experience.
• Must be able to work independently and multi-task
• Strong organization and prioritization skills
• Strong communications skills, oral and written
• Must be able to build and sustain relationships and work on teams
• 6-8 years of related experience
• Paralegal certification
• Experience working in law firm or corporate legal office with significant responsibilities.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Office environment / no specific or unusual physical or environmental demands.
Lead the Team
Impact and Influence
Coach and Develop
OTHER DUTIES: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the incumbent for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
La-Z-Boy Incorporated and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers that support and subscribe to a policy of nondiscrimination in all aspects of employment. La-Z-Boy will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other reason prohibited by applicable laws.