Director of Finance - Residential Supply Chain
This position leads the Residential Supply Chain Finance & Accounting team, including completion of actuals reporting and Monthly/Annual, forecast updates for the Residential Supply Chain. The Director of Residential Supply Chain Finance and his organization provide financial and business leadership to the Chief Supply Chain Officer and his lead team, including Sourcing, Procurement, Manufacturing, Logistics, Customer Care, and Regional Distribution Centers (RDCs). In addition to owning financial reporting of actuals, forecasts, and budgets, the Director’s team is also responsible to provide financial analyses for key Supply Chain projects (cost savings projects, sourcing studies, capital spending R&A assessments, etc.).
• Leads the monthly forecasting and Annual Operating Plan (AOP) processes for the Residential Supply Chain Cost of Sales portion of the income statement as well as Revenue forecasts for Logistics, Customer Care, and RDC operations. This includes providing management insight into forecast results versus prior year, previous forecast and ingoing AOP.
• Oversees monthly, quarterly, and annual close processes including preparation of trial balances, completion and review of associated journal entries, and account reconciliations to insure a sound internal control environment exists.
• Implements and maintains appropriate internal controls including SOX and other accounting policy compliance measures for Residential Supply Chain Operations. This includes accounting oversight of the full control environment for Residential Inventory, Logistics, RDC, Procurement, and Plant operations.
• Leads the development of management presentations for weekly, monthly and quarterly business reviews, annual budgets and business planning initiatives. Partners with management to ensure understanding of business and financial targets and performance against those targets by helping to identify/realize opportunities while managing risks.
• Guides and develops plant controllers to ensure local operations follow standardized procedures and produce standardized reporting of both actuals and forecasts. Responsible for the accuracy of setting annual product standards.
• Works with R&D to ensure proper costing of new product introductions.
• Validates Supply Chain savings project plans and ensures they are properly reflected in the Division’s Cost of Sales forecast.
SCOPE & IMPACT:
This position supports all aspects of Residential Cost of Sales (~$700M). The position manages the Manager of Manufacturing Finance and Accounting, Senior Financial and Forecast Analyst, Supervisor of Logistics/RDC/Customer Care Finance, along with all of the positions supporting these team members.
• Bachelor’s in Finance (preferred) or Accounting with 10+ years of relevant experience or equivalent.
• Five (5)+ years of Supervisor/Leadership experience.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite including Excel, Word, Access, and PowerPoint.
• Experience in a multi-plant manufacturing environment with prior Plant Controller experience.
• Good understanding of Lean manufacturing concepts.
• Must have strong people skills.
• Up to 35% Travel.
• Experience with one or more ERP systems (SAP, JDE, etc.)
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Will have approximately five direct reports and multiple indirect reports (Plant organizations).
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Office environment / no specific or unusual or environmental demands. Often required to sit, repetitive hand motion (such as typing), hear, listen and talk. Seldom required to stand, walk, bend, stoop, climb stairs, reach overhead, pull, push or lift – up – to 10 pounds. Never required to climb ladders, kneel, squat, crouch, crawl, balance, shove, Lift – up to or over 50 pounds.
Lead the Team
Impact and Influence
Coach and Develop
OTHER DUTIES: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the incumbent for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
La-Z-Boy Incorporated and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers that support and subscribe to a policy of nondiscrimination in all aspects of employment. La-Z-Boy will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other reason prohibited by applicable laws.