The Retail Specialist trains and educates our La-Z-Boy Furniture Gallery Dealers and their Sales Associates on all aspects of La-Z-Boy product features and benefits (Products include La-Z-Boy, Hammary, Kincaid, American Drew, lamp, rug and accessory vendors as directed) and assists in the implementation of our key programs to achieve sales objectives and profitability.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES (other duties as assigned):
• Train, coach and develop Associates on product knowledge and selling skills to achieve store sales goals
• Ensure that all new hires are trained on product knowledge, business plan topics or other topics as directed
• Be proactive identifying development opportunities on a location by location basis
• Assist in development of training on new initiatives, product introductions, etc.
• Work closely with the Corporate training function to stay current with all product knowledge programs and training requirements
• Point person to facilitate Market-wide training of all initiatives
• Create a positive and exciting working environment for all store associates
• Role model the brand platform
• Work closely with the Regional Account Manager to stay current with all Business Plan training requirements
• Use Company metrics to execute training needed to be a world class selling organization
• Regular visits to each store to observe sales associates in selling process to identify coaching opportunities
• Participate in scheduled conference calls
• Ensure that all stores have selling tools needed including training information, swatches, price lists, catalogs etc.
• Keep Design Centers up to date
• Keep stores informed of product/fabric availability/drops/delays
• Assist in new store set up: ordering swatches, signage, selling tools; training new hires, participate in weekly calls
• Support training and service initiatives on other accounts as assigned
SCOPE & IMPACT: Responsible for the training and execution of programs for on average 18 La-Z-Boy Furniture Gallery locations.
• High School Diploma with 0-2 years of relevant experience or equivalent
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook
• Excellent communication, customer service, and organizational skills
• Initiative to meet assigned goals, missions and objectives
• Strong interpersonal skills to effectively communicate and build rapport
• Ability to effectively manage time and conflicting priorities
• Strong attention to detail
• Daily travel within Market and approximately 40% other overnight travel as needed
• Attendance at High Point Market twice per year
• Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field is preferred
• Two (2) or more years sales and/or design experience with a proven track record of success is preferred
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: No direct reports. Assist with coaching and mentoring sales associates.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Operates in a professional office environment as well as subject to both inside and outside environmental conditions. Nearly continuously required to reach overhead, pull, push, stand, walk, hear, and listen. Often required to bend, stoop, climb ladders, kneel, squat, crouch, and lift up to 50 pounds. Seldom required to sit, talk, climb stairs, crawl, balance, and lift over 50 pounds.
Lead the Team
Impact and Influence
Coach and Develop
OTHER DUTIES: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the incumbent for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
La-Z-Boy Incorporated and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers that support and subscribe to a policy of nondiscrimination in all aspects of employment. La-Z-Boy will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other reason prohibited by applicable laws.