Cost Analyst I
This is an entry-level cost analyst position. The role will fulfill cost accounting duties for a single supply center while also helping to manage fixed assets and maintaining regular reports and journal entries for the accounting department.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES (other duties as assigned):
- Analyzes actual manufacturing costs and prepares periodic reports comparing standard costs to actual production costs along with various analyses to support the achievement of our Annual Operating Plan
- Analyzes changes in product design, raw materials, manufacturing methods, or services provided, to determine effects on costs
- Uses above analysis to positively influence management’s operational decisions in regards to the cost of their decisions. Influences Controller when need to change cost methods
- Gathers necessary data to be used in make vs. buy decisions made by management
- Broadly identifies financial issues using root-cause analysis
- Provides management with reports specifying and comparing factors affecting prices and profitability of products or services
- Prepares and updates budgets weekly, monthly and annually
- Prepares and distributes various reports on yields, productivity and labor costs, etc.
- Prepares and books all necessary financial and statistical journal entries as needed
- Assists with the systematic setup, transfer, disposal and audits of fixed assets
- Assists in quarterly inventory audits
SCOPE & IMPACT:
This position forecasts and analyzes the budget and spend of a business unit at approximately $11M. Additionally, the position is involved with the fixed asset inventory with a book value of $17M.
· Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or three to six years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
· Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
·Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
·Knowledge of Word Processing software; Spreadsheet software; Accounting software; Inventory software; Manufacturing software and Database software.
·Intermediate Excel skills.
Shows the ability to solve complex problems individually and quickly
·Analytical and conceptual skills
·Advanced Excel skills
·Attention to detail
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Office environment / no specific or unusual physical or environmental demands.
Lead the Team
Impact and Influence
Coach and Develop
OTHER DUTIES: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the incumbent for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
La-Z-Boy Incorporated and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers that support and subscribe to a policy of nondiscrimination in all aspects of employment. La-Z-Boy will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other reason prohibited by applicable laws.