Quality Engineer III
Accountable for implementing and maintaining robust quality system processes for design control and risk management across all manufacturing facilities globally; driving resolution of quality issues by monitoring quality metrics, and implementing effective corrective and/ or preventive actions. This position will provide statistical analysis, quality engineering governance and proper documentation practices according to the Quality Management System (QMS). Partner with product design teams, manufacturing, procurement, and customer service stakeholders to share ownership for the quality systems and ensure compliance and other relevant standards
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES (other duties as assigned):
• Coordinate the development, implementation and consistency of process control tools/techniques across multiple manufacturing sites.
• Assist in Product Development activities.
• Assist and lead problem solving efforts in areas such as Cost of Quality (COF), Product Failure, and Warranty reduction.
• Train peers and managers in basic quality tools and their application
• Lead product, process, and quality system audits.
• Projects as directed by supervisor
SCOPE & IMPACT:
Ensures that quality processes and procedures are documented and are being adhered to from design and development to manufacturing and delivery with the goal of shipping defect free products to customers. Responsible for monitoring internal and external concerns and quickly reacting to resolve them to minimize the impact to the customers and La-Z-Boy's expenditures and brand reputation.
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or a technical discipline with 4-6 years of relevant work experience.
• Six Sigma Green certification
• Mid - Level Microsoft Office skills (Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and Outlook).
• Strong organization, presentation and communication skills
• Experience applying PFMEA's, Control Plans, Work Instructions, Process Flow Diagrams, Capability Studies, Problem Solving/Decision Making, and Lean Manufacturing and Value Stream Mapping
• Up to 30% travel
• Six Sigma Black Belt certification
• Experience with AQP/APQP
• Experience with a formal Quality Operating System
• ASQ CQE/CQA certification
• Experience with leading quality audits
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Often required to sit, repetitive hand motion (such as typing), hear, listen, talk, stand, walk, bend, stoop, climb stairs, crawl reach overhead push/pull and lift up to 30 pounds. Seldom required to Climb ladders, kneel, squat, crouch, balance or lift up over 50 pounds.
Lead the Team
Impact and Influence
Coach and Develop
OTHER DUTIES: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the incumbent for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
La-Z-Boy Incorporated and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers that support and subscribe to a policy of nondiscrimination in all aspects of employment. La-Z-Boy will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other reason prohibited by applicable laws.