In the role of Tax Specialist, you will ensure compliance with tax requirements for all entities within the Kiwi.com Group. You will actively identify tax risks and propose solutions while working within the Tax Team and support other departments on as needed basis with advice and guidance.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Participate in various tax/accounting projects (Transfer Pricing, VAT compliance worldwide, Country by Country Reporting, Withholding Tax Compliance, Capitalization of assets, Relocations, etc.)
- Cooperate on developing and maintaining effective internal controls within the accounting system and prepare reconciliations related to tax
- Coordinate preparation of supporting documents for intercompany invoicing and intercompany reconciliations
- Monitor judgments and amendments to laws in the field of taxation
- Prepare policies and guidelines in the tax/accounting area
- Contracts review from the tax perspective (e.g. Leasehold agreements)
- Train members of the accounting team in the tax area
- To be the focal point for tax advice for other departments
We would like to see you apply if you have:
- 3+ years of relevant experience in the tax field (tax advisory/internal tax role).
- Solid knowledge of accounting principles and CZ GAAP and CZ tax legislation
- Degree in economics, ideally in finance/accounting. Being a member of The Chamber of Tax Advisors of the Czech Republic is a big advantage
- Advanced English (B2/C1) and ideally, speak fluent Czech/Slovak
- Advanced proficiency in Excel, and good analytical thinking, which helps you analyze data and present them
- Attention to detail balanced with swift execution, you can prioritize and always keep your can-do attitude
- Solution-oriented personality and want to be the trigger of the improvements within the tax area at Kiwi.com
- Excellent communication skills and if you are able to interact with colleagues on all seniority levels
- Passion to share your knowledge and mentor junior colleagues
Things that we offer and you might love about us:We like to think we are a fun bunch to work with, and you will get to see how a young, vibrant yet global company disrupts the travel industry.
You will work in one of the most promising tech companies (awarded Forbes Startup of 2017, Super-brand Award 2017, Deloitte Technology Fast 50 – the fastest growing technology company in Central Europe), and we will give you:
- An opportunity to define a newly created team and have a real impact on company performance and development,
- Quarterly financial bonuses dependent on overall company performance,
- Meal vouchers and flexible benefits scheme (contribution to leisure time activities) and free Multisport card,
- Extra 5 days of paid leave,
- Three sick days per year,
- Annual flight credit vouchers and optional VIP Medical Care,
- A very friendly work environment where dogs are welcome, and which offers free refreshments, gym, fitness courses, sauna, and relaxing zones.
We are a great team of passionate and fun-loving people from across the globe who you’ll love working with. We look forward to you joining our team buildings and parties!
This role is only open to candidates eligible to work within the EU. Kiwi.com is unable to provide work visa sponsorship for this role.