Infrastructure Platform Lead
Together with other Platform Leads define and execute the strategy for the platform tools, frameworks, data platform, infrastructure and application security.
What will be your responsibility?
- Actively help other people involved in software development to get over their roadblocks.
- Support the engineering teams by consulting best practices and how to onboard them.
- Lead the Infrastructure Platform team, perform regular 1:1s, support team members with personal growth and development, regularly review individuals performance against goals and celebrate their success.
- Provide seamless starting of a new project, mainly by creating building blocks of parts of the infrastructure.
- Transform manual work to automation, take inputs also from other teams.
- Communicate with infrastructure partners/3rd providers.
- Actively promote the team and perform continuous hiring.
What do we expect from you?
- 4+ years of experience in the area of software development
- Expertise in infrastructure development and CI/CD (Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery).
- Great understanding of Linux architecture.
- Advanced knowledge of Cloud architectures, mainly GCP, bare metalsExperience with and ability to execute agile methodologies.
- Previous experience in leading a small/medium-sized team is welcomed.
- Analytical mind with attention to detail.Great understanding of Kiwi.com technical architecture and dependencies among their systems.
- People management and team leadership skills - ability to set the context and expectations for the team, ability to support team members to reach their goals; comfortable with delivering bad news.
- Great communicator - ability to write articulate memos to socialize and get feedback on new ideas and to gain broader alignment on key technical decisions.
- Ability to present your team and work publicly.
- Lead by example by demonstrating company values and set the right context for team and individual behavior.
- Work independently and come up with ideas and plan to improve their team as well as the company.
- Last but not least fluent oral and written English
Why it rocks to be at Kiwi.com!
- We deploy immediately after a job is completed, not after months of QA.
- Do, fail, learn – repeat! We understand that mistakes happen and we learn fast.
- We decide which cutting-edge technologies are appropriate for the task.
- We love contributing and using Open Source.
- We visit and speak at conferences and technological events worldwide.
- We code at hackathons and other competitions.
- We support the local technological community.
- We use our work time wisely with a friendly vacation policy and work schedule.
- We also like to party and hang out together.
- Dogs, kids and even parties are welcome in our offices.
- We also enjoy common benefits, such as flexible hours, 6 weeks of holiday, sick days, flight vouchers, Andjoy and Bicing subscription, fresh fruit and coffee…
- Ability to access our Phantom Stock scheme (depending on seniority and integral regulations).
- Besides a fair salary, you can also look forward to quarterly bonuses dependent on overall company performance.
- Assume the best of others and believe in the power of the team
- Be open and involve others
- Be curious and always look for opportunities
Kiwi.com is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, uniformed services, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical conditions, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Interested? Join us and hack the traditional ways of travel!