Python Engineer for Finance Tribe
What are we doing?Do not think that because we are working with finance we will be using COBOL – we are passionate about new technologies and we like our stack to be modern, we are using Python 3.6/3.7. With that mindset we are developing services and applications that are directly related to finances, highly available and with a little to no room for errors:
- Payment gateways communication and negotiation
- Fraud detection and ways to minimize it
- Tools for claims and finance departments
- We are even building a duck robot
Cool new technologies and how to take a new service from idea to production, including software design and testing. We can extend your knowledge with business logic from finance domain by:
What can you learn here?
- Worldwide payment acquiring
- How credit cards (virtual), alternative payment methods, 3DS work
- Fraud detection
- What is behind invoicing and payment reconciliation
- Write stable, maintainable, and well-tested code (trust us, it takes much longer to fix consequences than write actual tests)
- Fluent in Python
- Comfortable with Linux
- Knowledge of Docker, CI/CD, and AWS or GCP
- Experience with relational databases and Redis
- Code design patterns
- Microservices best practices
- Self, quick and deep learning – not being afraid to experiment, fail, learn and eventually succeed
What we’ll consider an asset
- Experience with static analysis tools
- Familiarity with some of our technologies: Flask, SQLAlchemy, AWS, PostgreSQL, coala, Datadog
- Awareness of serverless technologies
- Passion for ducks tests and typing
Why it rocks to be at Kiwi.com?
- We deploy immediately after a job is completed, not after months of QA.
- Do, fail, learn – repeat! We understand that mistakes happen and we learn fast.
- We decide which cutting-edge technologies are appropriate for the task.
- We love contributing and using Open Source.
- We visit and speak at conferences and technological events worldwide.
- We code at hackathons and other competitions.
- We support the local technological community.
- We use our work time wisely with a friendly vacation policy and work schedule.
- We also like to party and hang out together.
- We work, play, relax, workout and even nap in our offices (complete with sauna, gym, masseur, sleeping spots, canteen, chillout zones, free refreshments, etc).
- Dogs, kids and parties are welcome in our offices.
- We also enjoy common benefits, such as meal vouchers, sick days, flight vouchers, multisport cards, etc..
- Besides a fair salary, we can also look forward to quarterly bonuses dependent on overall company performance.