Order Processing Associate - MHE
Job Title: Order Processing Associate - MHE
Reports to: Operations Supervisor
Status: Full - Time, Non Exempt
Our Order Processing Associates – MHE are a vital part of the KEEN Team and one of the most common entry points into our Distribution Center (DC) team. These positions support the RF picking and RF packing of all outbound orders at the DC. The primary focus of the Order Processing Associate is to move product accurately and efficiently throughout the DC. Associates will be operating powered equipment such as order pickers, pallet riders and reach trucks depending on the needs of the Operation. Associates will work in multiple areas as assigned and support areas based on business volume and team performance. Associates will model KEEN values and act in accordance with KEEN’s mission.
- Operates power equipment to support inbound putaway, replenishment, and pick process using powered equipment for the majority of scheduled shift.
- Prepares orders for shipment, by picking, sorting, and packing product accurately and timely.
- Works in multiple departments; requiring different task actions, lifting requirements, and technology tools such as RF scanning equipment.
- Identifies and reports problems and supports solutions to maintain excellent service and quality.
- Supports DC operations through building wide housekeeping maintenance including cardboard and waste removal.
- Builds rapport with other departments to ensure correct order flow, service levels and quality levels are maintained.
- Effectively and safely operates various types of powered material handling equipment to complete assigned tasks.
- Moves to work within the DC as assigned.
- Contributes to a positive work environment in a manner that is consistent with KEEN values and expectations; with the bottom line expectation of providing outstanding service to KEEN retail partners and fans.
- Shows respect for the KEEN brand and teammates
- On time and reliable; meets or exceeds attendance requirements.
- The ability to frequently lift and shift boxes weighing an average of 30 to 40 pounds with a maximum of 65 pounds throughout a full shift of work
- The ability to work in a standing or walking environment for 8-10 hour shifts
- The ability to cross train in other departments
- The ability to comprehend and apply Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s).
- Preferred 2+ years’ experience operating powered equipment.
- Complete onsite training and certification on order picker, reach truck, sit down, and electric pallet jack.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Willing and able to work extended shifts extra days as needed
- May be required to work overtime
- Must be able to read and take direction in English
- Successful completion of 60-day training program
- Subsidized On-site Vending
- Free Shoe Program
- KEEN Employee & Family Discount Program
- 401k retirement savings program with company match
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- Outdoor Industry discounts
Why Work at KEEN: Driven by a passion for life outside, KEEN is a values-led, independently owned brand from Portland, Oregon, that’s on a mission to create original and versatile products, improve lives, and inspire outside adventure. Founded in 2003, KEEN launched a revolution in the footwear industry with the introduction of the Newport adventure sandal, and has donated more than $18 million to non-profit organizations and causes around the world to promote responsible outdoor recreation, including conservation efforts to protect open spaces. KEEN strives to show the world through its products and its actions that a business for good can actually be good for business. By giving back, reducing impact, and activating communities and individuals to protect the places where we work and play, KEEN puts its values in motion and takes action to leave the world a better place. Learn more about what we’re doing for a better planet here.
At KEEN, we believe in a more just and equitable future for all people. As a global brand, we acknowledge that our business, buildings, and daily lives exist within the traditional territories of indigenous peoples. We strive for a future that recognizes the knowledge, rights, and resilience of these peoples. KEEN is an equal opportunity employer. We value an inclusive and diverse community. Qualified candidates of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply and will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.