The Okanagan Tech Hub
The Okanagan Valley is an emerging hub of innovation, technology and creativity reminiscent of the early days in the Silicon Valley. The Valley offers a fertile environment for tech start-ups and established multi-nationals, recently attracting national news coverage. We are an active community of tech professionals connected through slack groups, tech crawls and resource hubs like Accelerate Okanagan. Join the wave of tech pioneers starting to call the Okanagan home!
Kal Tire is a global leader in tire sales, distribution and technology. We are a growing multi-national business founded in Vernon, BC and fueled by 9,000 team members across 5 continents.
Our Vernon Office is located on the shores of the beautiful Kalamalka Lake in the Interior of southern British Columbia. The area provides the opportunity to live and work in a vibrant community within easy reach of wold class ski resorts, championship golf courses, mountain biking trails, popular recreational lakes and the vineyards of the Okanagan Valley.
The Network Administrator is responsible for performing analytical, technical and support work in the designing, planning, implementation, documentation and administration of all network infrastructures. In addition, the successful candidate will be responsible for managing small to medium size network projects and for the day to day operational tasks such as proactive maintenance, management, monitoring performance, incident and problem management, security, and backup and recovery across the Network infrastructure.
- Documentation and administration of all network infrastructures.
- Serves as a technical troubleshooter on complex networking issues.
- Maintains Network security and access control.
- Creates and maintains documentation of Network topology and configurations.
- Performs or oversees network maintenance duties.
- Creates or contributes to detailed design documents.
- Proactively identify ongoing cost optimization, performance enhancement, and growth strategies.
- Performs research and analysis for potential technology solutions to business needs.
- Seeks opportunities to automate or streamline manual tasks.
- Delivers emerging technology presentations.
- Stays up-to-date with technical and industry developments.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists others in the performance of their duties as required.
- Adheres to the established processes and procedures within the IS Department.
- Establishes and maintains close working relationships with vendors and service providers.
- Prepares and delivers informative, well-organized presentations and communications.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Support end users as required to provide a positive customer experience including after hour coverage.
- Plans, schedules and coordinates Networking activities.
- May lead small to medium Network Infrastructure lifecycle upgrade projects.
- A minimum of three years’ experience working as a Network Administrator for a medium to large enterprise with complex technology environments.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Cisco routers
- ISR, CSR, ASR
- Cisco switches
- Nexus 2k, 5k, 9k
- Cisco/Meraki Wireless Access Points
- Palo Alto Firewall Appliances
- Global Protect VPN
- Load Balancers
- VOIP Telephony
- Video Conferencing
- Network performance and monitoring tools.
- Azure Networking considered an asset
- Post-secondary graduate with a degree, diploma or certificate in computer science or equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Occasional travel may be required.
- Ability to participate in on-call after hours support rotation is required.
- Evening and occasional weekend work will be required.
- Must have own transportation and a valid BC driver’s license.
KAL TIRE AIMS
- Must be consistently able to demonstrate the Kal Tire AIMS.