Corporate Social Responsibility Co-op
Kal Tire is Canada’s largest independent tire dealer and one of North America’s largest commercial tire dealers with over 250 Kal Tire retail and commercial stores and 10 retread manufacturing plants. In addition, Kal Tire’s Mining Tire Group is a global leader in mining tire service and supply, operating on more than 150 mine sites across 18 countries and five continents. The company employs more than 6,500 team members globally.
This role is responsible for providing support for a variety of team engagement, community development, and environmental sustainability initiatives. We are therefore seeking an individual who is passionate about engaging others in community development and environmental sustainability. The job responsibilities involve interacting with groups of diverse people and the role ideally requires an individual who is outgoing and enjoys meeting and engaging with people.
The successful candidate will report to Kal Tire’s Senior Corporate Social Responsibility Specialist.
- Assist with coordinating office team engagement activities, charity fundraisers, community grant programs, and environmental sustainability initiatives.
- Support the office Sustainability Team with scheduling meetings, preparing agendas/minutes, and coordinating team engagement activities.
- Research and draft content for newsletters, posters, emails and other forms of communications.
- Research corporate community grant programs and environmental sustainability trends and best practices.
- Provide administrative support, including word processing, file/database management, email communications, meeting minutes and agendas, etc.
- Speaking in front of small groups is required.
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Paid or volunteer experience involving the coordination of activities or events that engage students or the community in raising funds or awareness for social or environmental sustainability issues.
- Skilled with Microsoft Office programs, internet research, and social media.
- Comfortable communicating with the public and speaking in front of small groups.
- Strong organization skills and creativity are also an asset.
- Currently enrolled in 3rd year of a related undergraduate degree program.
- Ideally candidates have completed some course content specific to social responsibility or environmental sustainability.
KAL TIRE AIMS
Must be consistently able to demonstrate the Kal Tire AIMS. In particular, Aim 7, which is our aim to continually improve every aspect of our company, recognizing our responsibility to our customers, each other, our communities and the environment.