Supervisor, Inside Sales Team
Kal Tire is Canada’s largest independent tire dealer and one of North America’s largest commercial tire dealers with over 260 Kal Tire retail and commercial stores in Canada, warehouse facilities and 10 retread manufacturing plants. In addition Kal Tire’s Mining Tire Group is a global leader in mining tire service and supply, operating on more than 150 mine sites across 18 countries and five continents. The company employs more than 6,500 team members globally.
The Supervisor, Kal Pro+ Insides Sales Team is responsible for leading the team of inside sales representatives by leading a sales team and implementing sales strategies and tools to grow program sales. This involves Inside Sales best practices, ensuring program execution through the sales team and working collaboratively with other departments to drive sales and improve the customer experience through Kal Tire’s retail network of stores.
The Inside Sales Representative generates new sales growth through relationship building with current and potential customers. Critical aspects of this role will be the ability to build and maintain strong relationships with a broad range of people, add ongoing value and provide superior sales service.
Inside Sales & Operations
- Contribute to the profitability of the organization by establishing a highly successful sales plans.
- Liaison and build relationships with the retail store teams to execute on delivery of services.
- Identify and implement methods of improving trial, repeat purchase and increased spend with Kal Tire commercial business.
- Assist customers by recommending products, preparing quotes, booking service appointments and coordinating with store team members to ensure consistent delivery of services.
- Maintain a high degree of product knowledge across the full range of our products and services.
- Grow existing customer accounts and relationships.
- Effectively maintain records of sales calls, customer contacts, and details of meetings and status updates on a weekly/monthly basis and participate in regular sales meetings.
- Assist in the preparation of annual sales forecasts.
- Recommend and assist in the development of new customer needs and principal relationships.
Customer Service and Communication
- Develop a culture within the Inside Sales Representative team of providing exceptional sales and service within the bounds of the program and program membership.
- Liaise with Store locations to ensure support and promotion of the program at the retail counter level.
- Work in conjunction with the commercial marketing team to provide support, feedback and implement aspects of communication programs.
Team Supervision and Leadership
- Manage the efforts and activities of the Inside Sales team in alignment with sales goals and revenue objectives.
- Set and meet sales goals; ensure that every member of the Inside Sales team is actively contributing to the achievement of the defined goals.
- Develop a high level of demonstrated sales competence related to commercial tire products and services within commercial and mixed commercial stores.
- Responsible for identifying staffing needs and developing plans for fulfillment. Lead the hiring and onboarding process for all Inside Sales positions to meet sales objectives.
- Provide training for development of team members to meet established sales, program and product knowledge standards.
- Create, deliver, and analyze performance metrics for the Inside Sales team.
- Drive individual accountability among members of the Inside Sales team through leading by example.
- Provide supervision and leadership to the Inside Sales team by coaching, training, evaluating / managing performance of team members on a regular and ongoing basis.
- Promote a work environment in which employees continuously improve skills and expertise through training and development and the sharing of knowledge with other team members.
- Promote positive team member relations based on regular meetings, activities and communications. Encourage team members to communicate ideas, discuss changing technology and business issues.
- 3-5 years Inside Sales/Telemarketing experience.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience managing leads generation and opportunities for a defined customer base.
- Previous supervisory experience of small to medium sized team.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Diplomatic and professional approach
- Solid communication skills
- Strong customer focus
- Solid planning and organizational skills
- Results focused
- Strong leadership skills
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Analytical ability – extract data and make some meaning out of it.
- Technical aptitude – ability to become subject matter experts quickly
- Solid negotiation, conflict resolution, and people management skills.
- Strong knowledge of retail and/or wholesale sales principles, methods, practices, and techniques
- Flexibility to thrive in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- Ability to handle frequent interruptions and meet deadlines while under pressure
- Business Diploma or equivalent experience
- Sales database and tools experience