Real Estate and Construction Administrator
Kal Tire is Canada’s largest independent tire dealer and one of North America’s largest commercial tire dealers with over 260 Kal Tire retail and commercial stores in Canada, warehouse facilities and 10 retread manufacturing plants. In addition Kal Tire’s Mining Tire Group is a global leader in mining tire service and supply, operating on more than 150 mine sites across 18 countries and five continents. The company employs more than 6,500 team members globally.
The Real Estate / Construction Administrator is responsible for providing a variety of office services, accounting duties and administrative support to the real estate and construction team. This role works closely with the Director, Managers, Project Managers, Property Services Administrator, and Field Personnel within the Real Estate and Construction Department and with several departments within Kal Tire, including the Senior Leadership Team, Accounting, Credit, Treasury, Mailroom, Payroll and Insurance, as required. Additionally, the Administrator works closely with external service providers, including legal, brokerage community, relocation consultants, etc.
- Provides confidential administrative support to the key stakeholders in the department: Director of Real Estate and Construction, Managers of Real Estate, Project Managers, Property Services Administrator, Relocation Consulting Firm, Lawyers and moving companies, Field Personnel and the Senior Accountant of the Company.
- Prepares correspondence and various documents such as reports, contracts, letters, meeting agendas and minutes.
- Organizes meetings, prepares agendas, records and distributes minutes.
- Creates and maintains databases and tracking systems for the department; produces reports as needed.
- Coordinates events including travel, catering, organization of materials etc.
- Reconciliation of credit cards for project managers.
- Prepares expense reports for department, including mileage and allowances for field personnel.
- Order office supplies and addresses minor maintenance issues with office and office equipment, parking, etc.
- Inputs confidential timesheet information and prepares payroll documentation for the department and makes payroll changes for the field personnel.
- Liaise with members of other Kal Tire Departments, specifically Human Resources, Payables, Receivables, Accounting and Treasury.
- Assume projects as requested from time to time by Director.
- Assists in the due diligence and closing of real estate properties, including title searches, tax certificates, Statement of Adjustments.
- Balances all project balances to the General Ledger and reconciles each.
- Audit, code, process, and approve/get approval for invoices, ensure payment by Accounts Payable.
- Works closely with Property Services Administrator.
- Maintains project costs (job costing) of construction projects and renovations.
- Handles utility connections and disconnects, provides notification to Accounts Payable for construction projects (job sites).
- Balances all project balances to General Ledger and reconciles each.
- Codes and processes invoices with respect to ongoing construction projects.
- Investigates slow payments, missing payments, for suppliers.
- Organize, prepare and track deposits, letters of credit, and payments for real estate and construction transactions.
- Credit card reconciliation for project managers.
- Handles utility connections and disconnects, provides notification to Accounts Payable.
- Handles all aspects of accounts payables for the department including coding and tracking of invoices and purchase orders, investigating missing payments. Balances all project expenses to General Ledger with monthly reconciliation.
- Handles all aspects of real estate payables including preparation of monthly rent roll, payment of property taxes, business taxes, Common Area Charges.
- Handles all aspects of accounts receivable for the department, including rent and property tax revenue, credits from landlords, billing out for services, etc.
- Provides assistance on other financial related tasks for various Trust, interest accounts, etc for both internal and external arm’s length companies.
- Three to five years administrative experience providing administrative support in a fast paced department.
- Experience in property management, real estate and accounting is essential. Working knowledge of lease administration, legal documentation, real estate transactions would be beneficial. Solid understanding of general accounting principles.
- Experience within Kal Tire a definite asset.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- High Proficiency in the use of Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook.
- Ability to compose formal business and legal correspondence.
- Ability to create and maintain databases, and extract reports.
- Ability to create and maintain spreadsheets and manipulate data to create reports.
- Ability to perform basic accounting tasks, ideally within People Soft or a similar program.
- Proficiency with the following programs preferred: Harbor Flex, PeopleSoft AP/AR and PeopleSoft Payroll, ADP, BC Land Title searches.
- Proven ability to effectively prioritize work flow and superb organization skills, as the volume in this role is heavy and very time sensitive.
- Secondary-school diploma or equivalent.
- Completion of an administrative diploma preferred.
- Completion of Legal Assistant or Real Property Assistant diploma preferred.
KAL TIRE AIMS
Must be consistently able to demonstrate the Kal Tire AIMS.