Commercial Tire Technician
Commercial Tire Technician - Stoney Creek
Kal Tire is Canada’s largest independent tire dealer and one of North America’s largest commercial tire dealers with over 250 Kal Tire retail and commercial stores in Canada, warehouse facilities and 9 retread manufacturing plants. In addition, Kal Tire’s Mining Tire Group is a global leader in mining tire service and supply, servicing more than 150 mine sites across five continents. The company employs more than 7,000 team members globally.
Kal Tire is recruiting for a Commercial Tire Technician with a focus on providing top service to our off-site customer using the mounted wheel program. As the ideal candidate, you have a strong desire to be in the automotive industry, have a passion for people and understand the true value of good customer service.
We will provide a thorough training program that includes hands on experience, product and safety training, and opportunities for advancement.
- Troubleshoot, repair and perform service work in a small team on a wide variety of commercial and OTR tires and wheels including: removing wheel assemblies, dismounting tires, balancing, inflating and installation, reinstallations and diagnostics
- Work offsite at a major Kal Tire customer's location
- Provide exceptional customer service and exceed our customer's expectations
- Contribute to a safe and environmentally responsible workplace by following all safety standards and environmental policies while ensuring work is done on time
- Shifts will be 12 hour continental 5:15 AM - 5:45 PM; 2 days on 2 days off, 3 days on 2 days off, 3 days off and repeat
Required Skills and Experience
- Road service or tire technician experience is considered an asset
- Mechanical aptitude and ability to problem solve on the spot
- Methodical and patient approach and ability to pay attention to the details
- Strong team player who is able to work unsupervised
- Ability to excel in a physically demanding environment and comfortable lifting 50lbs at shoulder height
- Safety mindset, willing to wear all required PPE, and follow all safety procedures. Safety is a top priority!
Education and Special Requirements
- A high school diploma is a minimum requirement
- Automotive pre-employment program or high school shop experience is considered an asset
- Preference for Tire License and G driver's license but would consider a G2
Kal Tire offers a comprehensive benefits package, continued learning opportunities, RRSP / DPSP matching program, and a profit sharing program that recognizes individual and team contributions.
We want to hear from you! All applicants are encouraged to visit us at www.kaltire.com/careers. We are an equal opportunity employer; if you are contacted by Kal Tire regarding a job opportunity, please advise if you require accommodation.
Start Your Journey With Us.