Site Supervisor MTG - Syncrude
SITE SUPERVISOR MTG, SYNCRUDE
Kal Tire is Canada’s largest independent tire dealer and one of North America’s largest commercial tire dealers with over 250 Kal Tire retail and commercial stores in Canada, warehouse facilities and 10 retread manufacturing plants. In addition, Kal Tire’s Mining Tire Group is a global leader in mining tire service and supply, operating on more than 150 mine sites across 18 countries and five continents. The company employs more than 6,500 team members globally. The opening is located in Fort McMurray. Fort McMurray is a city of 80,000 and is situated in the heart of the Northern Boreal Forest. The outdoor activities are too numerous to mention from hunting to fishing to golf and virtually everything in between.
The Site Supervisor, MTG is responsible for the overall management of the MTG site, ensuring all safety standards are met, team members are trained to the Kal Tire Way and that all service and product standards are aligned with company objectives.
Health & Safety
- Ensure all aspects of Kal Tire’s Health & Safety Program are communicated and implemented in a consistent manner with Team Members, including; D&A Program, FLRA, Hazard Analysis, SWP’s, Accident/Incident Investigation & Reporting, Monthly Safety Meetings & Inspections, Due Diligence, etc.
Training & Development
- Demonstrate the AIMS, Interact with Team Members on the shop floor on a regular basis and provide coaching and mentoring.
- Provide continuous feedback with team members in regards to customer activities, changes in policies or procedures, company updates / changes, team member performance, etc.
Standard of Service
- Ensure site inspections, tire and wheel inspections, air pressure monitoring, scheduled rotations and change outs, proper documentation, etc. are carried out to provide best value and tire performance for the customer.
Policies & Procedures
- Take all reasonable measures to ensure compliance with relevant company, customer or governmental policies & procedures.
- Understand and utilize tire management software for customer reporting and analysis.
Purchasing & Distribution
- Ensure adequate inventory is on hand or readily available to meet the needs of the customer.
Customer & Industry Knowledge
- Develop and maintain a knowledge and documentation of the customer business with regards to fleet size, forecasting, operating hours, utilization, scrap average, mine plan, haul profile, future growth or reduction, etc.
Retread & Repairing
- Maintain and document a solid tire repair program through inspections, assessments, proactive repairs.
- A minimum of 5 years operations sales experience within the tire sales industry or related field. · A minimum of 5 years supervisory leadership experience.
- High School Diploma and post-secondary education plus a diploma in administrative management, operations or related field.