Regional Recruiter - Edmonton
Kal Tire is Canada’s largest independent tire dealer and one of North America’s largest commercial tire dealers with over 250 Kal Tire retail and commercial stores in Canada, warehouse facilities and 9 retread manufacturing plants. In addition, Kal Tire’s Mining Tire Group is a global leader in mining tire service and supply, servicing more than 150 mine sites across five continents. The company employs more than 6,500 team members globally.
Our National Recruitment team works in partnership with our Stores division to provide talent and recruitment support for the business. We are currently seeking a Regional Recruiter to join our team, to provide recruitment and talent acquisition support to our Ontario Region.
The Regional Recruiter is responsible for managing the end to end recruitment process for a designated region of the Stores division. Working in partnership with the Regional Director, the Regional Recruiter will assess vacancy requirements, build candidate pipelines for future succession planning, source talent and collaborate with hiring managers to ensure a positive onboarding experience for new hires. The Regional Recruiter will play an active role in marketing and promoting Kal Tire career opportunities across all communities and digital channels to promote a positive candidate brand experience.
KEY COMPONENTS OF THE ROLE INCLUDE:
- Consults with leadership teams to identify staffing needs, job specifications, job duties, qualifications, and skills.
- Conducts end to end recruitment process consisting
of:marketing and advertising job opportunities to appropriate channels, qualifying, screening, interviewing and referencing qualified candidates for hiring managers.
- Align recruiting programs with regional business strategies and goals.
- Monitor the status of recruitment activities, analyze and review outcomes and provide monthly updates at regional meetings to leadership teams.
- Organize and attend job fairs and relevant community events to grow awareness of career opportunities at Kal Tire.
- Network and partner with schools, apprenticeship/journeyman programs
andprofessional associations to promote career opportunities.
- Determine applicant qualifications by conducting in-depth interviews ensuring the
candidatesskills match the needs and requirements of each position.
- Source and identify qualified potential candidates for all roles required for
- Screen candidates by reviewing resume qualifications; conduct initial phone screens and pre-qualification process; conduct in-depth interviews to assess job requirements and match.
- Conduct assessments and reference checks on all qualified candidates prior to
- Track all candidate activity through Applicant Tracking System (ATS) to ensure consistency of recruitment process and accuracy of data.
- Communicate effectively and regularly with hiring managers and leadership teams on candidate flow and recruitment activities.
- Build trusted partnerships with hiring managers and leadership teams.
- Partner with hiring managers and leadership teams to assist in the onboarding experience for new hires.
- Conduct check-in calls and
followup meetings with new team members.
- Provide hiring managers and leadership teams with insights on new team member development.
- Collaborate with leadership teams to help diagnose specific
and / orpotential performance gaps within the region.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Minimum of 3 years of end to end recruitment experience.
- Experience in managing high volume, seasonal recruitment efforts.
- A Bachelor’s degree and/or completion of the Certified HR Professional designation preferred.
- Advanced level MS Office.
- Intermediate level interviewing skills.
- Ability to analyze and interpret hiring requirements and offer the appropriate options, solutions, and resolutions.
- Experience working with Applicant Tracking Systems and digital platforms.
- Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively with different managers, candidate personalities, etc.
- Some travel required.
Start Your Journey With Us.
Kal Tire offers a culture that fosters inclusion and respect. We are committed to providing accessible employment practices, in compliance with the AODA. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process, applicants are asked to make their needs/requirements known.