Kal Tire is Canada’s largest independent tire dealer and one of North America’s largest commercial tire dealers with over 250 Kal Tire retail and commercial stores in Canada, warehouse facilities and 10 retread manufacturing plants. In addition, Kal Tire’s Mining Tire Group is a global leader in mining tire service and supply, operating on more than 150 mine sites across 18 countries and five continents. The company employs more than 6,500 team members globally.
Reporting to the Senior VP Business Services, the purpose of the Executive Assistant role is to increase organizational efficiency by providing coordination, customer service, relationship management and administrative support at the executive and director level. The Executive Assistant is also required to maintain confidentiality and professionally interact with internal and external customers using discretion and politically sensitive judgment.
Senior VP, Business Services, VPs and Director Support
- Provides support to the senior leadership team by attending the appropriate meetings, creating meeting agendas, handling the preparation of minutes and establishment of deadlines for action and ensure work is completed according to deadlines to ensure strategic objectives are being met.
- Effectively manages the Senior VP, Business Service’s calendars, schedules, mail/emails, and other day to day responsibilities.
- Coordinates all travel arrangements for Business Services as well as suppliers and customers as necessary.
- Works with the travel department to book flights, accommodations, meals (as required) for business purposes, maintain details in schedules and create travel detail packages prior to trips.
- Prepares and codes invoices for Business Services.
- Prepares and processes expense reports for Senior VP, Business Services, VPs and Directors.
- Responsible for administrative support processes including, but not limited to: incoming correspondence, handling inquiries, maintaining confidential filing, drafting and editing legal documentation, directing forms for signature and processing as required.
- Coordinates, prepares and gathers information to assist in the preparation of documentation and other materials for various meetings including but not limited: board of directors meetings, committee meetings, senior management team meetings, Vernon Office team meetings etc.
- Receive and screen inbound telephone calls, e-mails, and visitors.
- Review, evaluate, and distribute priority correspondence for executive team.
- Prepare draft reports, background documentation, and research.
- Prepares PowerPoint presentations for meetings when requested.
- Manages the payroll changes/hires for the department in the payroll system.
- Provides professional back up for all Executive Assistants when required.
- All other administrative duties as required.
Special Events Coordination
- Assist with coordination and planning of corporate events such as: Partners Meetings, Annual Years of Service Awards Banquet etc.
- Participate in planning and organizing annual extra-curricular office events.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a senior administrative position.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Demonstrated advanced experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Publisher and MS Outlook
- Demonstrated experience booking and coordinating travel - for executives and large meetings.
- High standards of ethics and confidentiality to handle sensitive information.
- The flexibility to thrive in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
- Ability to anticipate future needs and requirement and execute accordingly.
- An Executive Administrative diploma / certificate, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Occasional travel
- Flexibility in work hours
- Overtime when required
- Experience in one of the following fields would be an asset
- Legal administration
- Travel and Tourism
KAL TIRE AIMS
Must be consistently able to demonstrate the Kal Tire AIMS.