Industrial Design Internship/Co-op, Winter 2020
Please note that we are accepting applications through the end of October You can expect to hear from a member of our recruitment team around that time. We anticipate hiring (1) Industrial Design Co-op for Winter 2020.
Headquartered in Cincinnati, Kaleidoscope is a strategic innovation and product design firm with more than 100 employees. We create products and experiences that grow businesses and improve lives by leveraging our expertise at the intersection of consumer insights, technology and health and wellness. We call this Purpose Driven Innovation.™
Our culture is collaborative, authentic and highly creative. We celebrate design excellence and learning. It is our passion to stay on top of trends and to bring them to all of our projects. In fact, Kaleidoscope was chosen as a winner for the Cincinnati Business Courier’s 2015 Best Places to Work and as a finalist in 2014. Our strong sense of mentorship for new talent and professional development creates an environment where your career will thrive.
Kaleidoscope Industrial Design
Internship/Co-Op (Fall 2018)
Kaleidoscope is a Cincinnati based consultancy that designs Consumer Electronics, Health Care products, and Consumer Goods. Our downtown Cincinnati studio is staffed with IxD, graphics, user research, engineering, visualization and ID wizards. We treat our Industrial Design co-ops/interns as junior designers, so you can expect to be a contributing member of the design team. You’ll get experience brainstorming, sketching, illustrating, 3D CAD(ing), rendering, and presenting with an innovative design team!
- Support the needs of the Industrial Design team by generating inventive, fresh ideas expressed through hand sketching, digital sketching, industrial design surfacing and computer rendering using the latest digital technologies, while providing aesthetic solutions that meet functional requirements (i.e. ergonomics, manufacturing, branding, assembly, digital patter, etc.)
- Clearly articulates design approach and rationale behind proposed design solutions.
- Participates in project research and brainstorming activities.
- Takes ownership of assigned work from inception to delivery; keeping manager abreast of progress, challenges and opportunities along the way.
- Knowledge and skills at a level acquired through pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Design or related field; talent at a junior, senior or recent graduate level, preferred.
- Excellent hand and digital sketching skills.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Strong critical and conceptual thinking skills demonstrated by clarity, accuracy, precision relevance, depth, breadth, significance, logic and fairness on project work.