Engineering Internship/Co-op, Spring 2021
Headquartered in Cincinnati, Kaleidoscope is a strategic innovation and product design firm with more than 100 employees. We create products and experiences that grow businesses and improve lives by leveraging our expertise at the intersection of consumer insights, technology and health and wellness. We call this Purpose Driven Innovation.™
Our culture is collaborative, authentic and highly creative. We celebrate design excellence and learning. It is our passion to stay on top of trends and to bring them to all of our projects. In fact, Kaleidoscope was chosen as a winner for the Cincinnati Business Courier’s 2015 Best Places to Work and as a finalist in 2016. Our strong sense of mentorship for new talent and professional development creates an environment where your career will thrive.
Kaleidoscope Engineering Intern/Co-op Opportunity
Kaleidoscope offers intern and co-op opportunities on a regular basis. In these roles you will be a contributing member of the team and be responsible for designing and validating solutions to real world problems. We find that the more successful candidates are in their 3rd or 4th year of an engineering discipline or have applicable previous work experience.
Under the supervision of the Engineering Co-Op Supervisor, the Engineering Co-op assists the engineering team in the researching, designing, testing, and validating of creative and technically superior engineering solutions appropriate to each project assigned. They use projects as a learning experience to further their collegiate education while continuously improving.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Generates inventive, fresh ideas that meet functional requirements
- Adjusts and/or incorporates changes in design based on feedback
- Develops design concepts for products, parts and assemblies
- Creates detailed 3D CAD models of parts and assemblies
- Develops product documentation that supports high quality production
- Performs experiments and testing supporting product development
- Helps maintain the laboratory and other facilities
- Participates in project research and brainstorming teams
- Properly manages deliverables and timing
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Biomedical Engineering
- Junior or senior level, preferred; Master's candidates considered
- GPA of 3.0+
- At least 1 former co-op/internship in a product development environment
- Eligible to work in the U.S. without visa sponsorship