Senior Industrial Designer (Onsite Services)
Core Job Responsibilities:
- Lead industrial design activities across a variety of system touchpoints and assemblies
- Create design solutions that balance visual appeal and usability with performance and manufacturability
- Create sketches, storyboards, 3D CAD models and renders to communicate design ideas to both internal and external stakeholders
- Partner closely with our engineering team to guide industrial design across development phases and ensure that the vision is retained through production
- Generate prototypes ranging from hacky mockups to high-fidelity 3D models to support user testing and design reviews
- Serve as a right hand to the Industrial Design Advisor.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, And Experience:
- 5-10 years of experience as an industrial designer or product designer, either in-house or in agency
- Strong portfolio showing work across all phases of product development. We're looking for experience with durable goods (healthcare, automotive, consumer products, etc.) and a strong affinity for human factors and ergonomics. Please make sure to include and highlight these areas in your portfolio.
- Expert in a wide range of materials and manufacturing techniques
- Expert 3D modelling and rendering skills
- Strong understanding of human factors
- Solid sketching and visual design skills
- Good project management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Prior experience designing medical devices or pharmaceutical devices.
- Prior experience with products that are safety-critical.