Under the supervision of the Director of Engineering, the Engineering Liaison develops a solid relationship with the client by determining needs, communicates these needs to the team, partners with the team on delivering creative and technically superior engineering solutions appropriate to each project assigned.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Increase market share by proactively selling and reaching out to new groups within customer and focused target markets.
- Manage customer expectations from pricing to delivery, act as the primary contact, and negotiate on their behalf.
- Develop and execute strategies to maximize sales, gain new customers within target organization, and increase revenue.
- Identify customer needs and propose innovative solutions.
- Provide support for the sales team, manage the team schedule, and allocate team resources.
- Leads and participates in project research and brainstorming teams
- Assumes the role of technical leader on assigned projects
- Leads and mentors subordinate engineers and designers
- Generates inventive, fresh ideas expressed through sketching that meets functional requirements
- Executes high quality design solutions with limited or no supervision
- Provide support as the primary technical resource for the field sales force in this organization
- Knowledge and skills normally acquired through the completion of a Bachelor of Science (or higher) in Engineering or related field, required
- Minimum of 6 years of experience in product development and product development, required
- Extensive medical device experience, required
- Skilled at listening to latent customer needs and translating these into actionable items
- Proficient in documentation, dimensioning and specification writing
- Basic project management experience