Wire EDM Machinist
Kaleidoscope is seeking a Wire EDM Machinist to join our talented team. The candidate will be responsible for programming, setup and running all parts. The ideal candidate will have strong interpersonal, organizational and communication skills.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Create Wire EDM programs using Esprit software for Mitsubishi MV1200R
- Partner with Engineers to trouble shooting problems
- Machine set-up and operation of complex and quick turn prototype parts
- Train less experienced employees in shop to program, set-up, run Wire EDM machines
- Perform frequent preventive maintenance on equipment
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment
- Assist with providing quotes to external partners
- Contribute to continuous improvement of operation process
Qualifications & Skills:
- High School Diploma or GED, required
- 5 years Wire EDM experience, required
- Programming 3axis VMC, strongly preferred
- Ability to run standard shop equipment
- Experience interpreting blueprints and using measuring tools
- Possess a self-starter mentality
- Positive customer focused attitude
- Enjoys fast paced and rapidly changing environment
- Flexible and willing to help other as needed
- Must be able to manage personal time to meet deadlines
- Desire to learn and grow within the company
- Ability to saw, sheer, or machine stock to right thickness using standard shop equipment
- Operate fast hole EDM drilling machine
- Must be able to work independently as well as being part of a team
- Ability to hold close tolerance .0002
- Willingness to work overtime
More About Kaleidoscope Innovation
As a leading innovation and design consultancy, Kaleidoscope Innovation differentiates our work and the business partners we serve through the talents of the individuals who make up our team and share our vision for transformative, human-focused solutions. Founded in 1989 Kaleidoscope Innovation focuses on lasting partnerships with both employees and clients as we work together to uncover meaningful insights; originate new ideas; and develop products, services and experiences that empower business. We offer strategically developed deep subject matter expertise across key industries, positioning us to deliver unprecedented value. Our depth of knowledge provides a catalyst that generates new insights, ideas, products and services.
Our team of talented strategists, researchers, designers, developers and engineers combine their expertise with a shared passion to make the world a better place for our clients, their customers and consumers. Our team members help further the success of industry leaders, such as Procter & Gamble, Johnson & Johnson, Motorola, Ford, Smith & Nephew, Microsoft and Whirlpool.
Kaleidoscope Innovation is headquartered in Greater Cincinnati—the home of the Bengals, the Reds, and FC Cincinnati Soccer, arts and entertainment, including its own symphony, pops orchestra, ballet and opera, and is a culinary hub featuring a range of cultural, traditional and progressive dining. From historical architecture and modern design to eclectic neighborhoods and year-round outdoor seasonal spaces, Cincinnati offers something for everyone right in the heart of the Midwest.
Interested in joining our progressive team of forward-thinkers? We’d like to talk with you.