Ascend is a medical technology realization lab created out of a collaboration between the Greater Dayton Area Hospital Association (GDAHA) and Kaleidoscope. We operate in partnership with three healthcare networks, gaining access to 29 hospitals and healthcare organizations. We leverage our hospital access to conduct product and clinical research, data science and analytics, and observational research that supports our in-house product development or the product development of our partners.
A key service area of Ascend is digital. We work with a variety of partners in the area to build scalable digital applications that improve quality, optimize operations, and reduce costs. Applications include both front and back end solutions and contain a wide range of technologies including: computer vision, machine learning, data integration, data visualization, UI, UX, and Bluetooth connectivity.
We are seeking candidates who are passionate about technology and have an interest in creating advancements in the health sciences industry.
The Application Developer develops and maintains software projects including: server-side APIs, web applications, mobile applications, web sites, and dashboards. Follows approved life cycle methodologies, creates design documents, and performs program coding and testing. Resolves technical issues through analysis, debugging, research, and investigation. Prepares program specifications and diagrams, develops coding logic flowcharts. Prepares functional and technical specifications for solutions, enhancements and system implementations. Recommends solutions and provides technical knowledge and expertise of specific software and languages.PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides software development to new and existing projects
- Adheres to good programming practices
- Uses and maintains code management repositories (GIT)
- Debugs, troubleshoots and resolves software bugs
- Assists with project deployment
- Provides analysis, design and recommendations for system architectures
- Works directly with data architects and/or software developers and designers to seamlessly integrate products with hospital network operations and workflows
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field required
- 2+ years of relevant experience in software development, strongly preferred
- Mobile and/or server-side experience, required
- Deployed application in the Appstore or Play Store, preferred
- Active website or web application, preferred
- Healthcare experience, preferred
- Best practices for mobile/web applications and/or server-side applications
- Firm understanding of OOP
- Understanding of software life cycle, strongly preferred
- Database languages, strongly preferred
- Natural Language Processing, mathematical programming, simulation or deep learning, strongly preferred