Sr. Design Developer (Onsite Services)
As a member of our team, you’ll support the design studio with your deep technical knowledge and experience working on world-class consumer software experiences. You’ll guide colleagues to unlocking technically challenging scenarios and mature the design studio’s ability to deliver design at scale, across a breadth of devices.
You will convert design vision into code. You’ll innovate on existing platforms, advocate for features on new platforms, and evolve best practices in UI-layer development.
This role requires ownership, autonomy, and an ability to deliver results, often within the ambiguity of building unique products.
BS/MS in Computer Science, Interaction Design, Human Computer Interaction or equivalent.
· 6 years of programming experience in Java or C++; in Linux, Windows, and/or Mac environment
· 6+ years of experience working with CS fundamentals including algorithms, runtime analysis, OO design, code quality
· Knowledge of modern web development tools, frameworks and techniques (React, NodeJS, TypeScript, CSS pre-processors, etc.)
· History of building prototypes to advance design thinking and the final product experience
· Proven ability to innovate within and extend current technology through prototypes
· Understanding of broadcast/motion design, color theory, typography, composition and iconography a plus
· Strong understanding of interaction design and design process
· Sensibility for consumer electronics and technology
· Passion for inventing new product designs and technical solutions
· Knowledge of Amazon Digital Products and Ecosystem
· Experience creating advanced architectures and sustainable solutions
· Experience collaborating with UX, Product, and non-technical partners
· Familiarity with working in an Agile environment
· Programming experience on native mobile platforms
· Experience and passion for developing visually polished, engaging and highly fluid user interfaces
· An online portfolio of work demonstrating expertise creating front-end solutions
· Interest and proficiency in visual design