Senior Designer (UX/UI)
Under the supervision of the Director of Design, the Senior Designer (UX/UI) develops creative and applicable design solutions appropriate to each project assigned. Must be a strong, well-rounded designer with experience in interaction, UX and UI design and work as an integral part of a design team to solve design problems and contribute to all aspects of the UX design process. Able to clearly and confidently articulate how the design solution answers user needs, user errors, business goals, technical constraints, and other project facets, and translates into premium design solutions. At times, this role will require the ability to concisely communicate project needs to outside contractors or internal resources as the need arises.Expected deliverables in this role include project estimations, sketches, IA maps, wireframes, task flows, journey maps, low & high-fidelity designs, prototypes & concepts, style guides & guidance for front end developers. Work with a cross-functional team and manage multiple tasks with little oversight and tight deadlines. Able to serve as an internal brand steward; leading and/or managing internal brand collateral, brand guidelines, internal templates, and other marketing graphic materials.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Generates inventive, fresh ideas expressed through hand and digital sketching using latest technologies while providing aesthetic solutions that meet project requirements (i.e. wireframe, visual design, brand language, form factor, etc.)
- Participate/collaborates in user research with internal and external users to inform and/or validate design decisions
- Mentors and guides other designers (junior designers, interns, contractors, etc.) on large-scale projects
- Clearly and concisely articulates design approach and rationale behind proposed design solutions
Qualifications & Skills
- Knowledge and skills normally acquired through the completion of a Bachelor's Degree in Graphic Design, Industrial Design, UX, Human Factors, Human-Computer Interaction, or related fields.
- 7+ years of professional experience in creative design/digital development
- Strong online portfolio and results in digital work required (app, emerging platform, etc.)
- Experience in medical device design applications, a plus
- Experience with digital integration into physical products, a plus
- Skilled practitioner of the complete UX/UI skillset; understanding requirements discovery, concepting, wireframing, testing, iteration, prototyping, applying design systems and producing deliverables for development
- Consistent ability to provide fresh, clever and unexpected solutions (thinking outside of the box)
More About Kaleidoscope Innovation
As a leading innovation and design consultancy, Kaleidoscope Innovation differentiates our work and the business partners we serve through the talents of the individuals who make up our team and share our vision for transformative, human-focused solutions. Founded in 1989 Kaleidoscope Innovation focuses on lasting partnerships with both employees and clients as we work together to uncover meaningful insights; originate new ideas; and develop products, services and experiences that empower business. We offer strategically developed deep subject matter expertise across key industries, positioning us to deliver unprecedented value. Our depth of knowledge provides a catalyst that generates new insights, ideas, products and services.
Our team of talented strategists, researchers, designers and engineers combine their expertise with a shared passion to make the world a better place for our clients, their customers and consumers. Our team members help further the success of industry leaders, such as Procter & Gamble, Johnson & Johnson, Motorola, Ford, Smith & Nephew, Microsoft and Whirlpool.
Kaleidoscope Innovation is headquartered in Greater Cincinnati—the home of the Bengals, the Reds, and FC Cincinnati Soccer, arts and entertainment, including its own symphony, pops orchestra, ballet and opera, and is a culinary hub featuring a range of cultural, traditional and progressive dining. From historical architecture and modern design to eclectic neighborhoods and year-round outdoor seasonal spaces, Cincinnati offers something for everyone right in the heart of the Midwest.
Interested in joining our progressive team of forward-thinkers? We’d like to talk with you.