Cybersecurity System Security Engineer III
The System Security Engineer's primary function is working within Special Access Programs (SAPs) supporting SMC and AFSPC acquisition programs. The position will provide "day-to-day" support for Collateral, Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) and Special Access Program (SAP) activities to meet NIST Cybersecurity requirements for system assessment & authorization.
Performance shall include:
- Lead a team of System Security Engineers and Certification and Accreditation Analysts responsible for ensuring the customer's national and international security interests are protected as acquisition systems are designed and tested
- Chair and or Co-Chair customer and SAP community Cybersecurity working groups, participate in SSE IPT reviews
- Perform oversight of the development, implementation and evaluation of information system security program policy; special emphasis placed upon integration of existing SAP network infrastructures
- Provides expert level consultation and technical services on all aspects of Information Security
- Review SSE related designs and provides security compliance recommendations
- Develop and provide Cybersecurity risk management recommendations to the customer
- Provide SSE support for Mission and Training systems design and development
- Assist with development and maintenance of the Program Protection Plan & Cybersecurity Strategy
- Assist with site activation activities and design reviews, to include test & evaluation of systems
- Represent the Government Program Manager in various SSE related working groups, advisory groups, and advisory council meetings
- Work directly with approval/accreditation authorities to obtain systems' Authorization to Operate
- 12 - 15 years total experience, including minimum 8 years' experience within SCI or SAR environment. Minimum 4 years of SAP relevant experience highly desired.
- Bachelor's degree in a related discipline or equivalent additional experience (4 years)
- Must meet position and certification requirements outlined in DoD Directive 8570.01-M for Information Assurance Technician Level 3 and Information Assurance Manager Level 3 . CISSP Recommended.
- Current Top Secret Clearance with active SCI Eligibility
- Eligibility for access to Special Access Program Information
- Willingness to submit to a Counterintelligence polygraph