Senior Activity Security Manager
The Activity Security Manager's primary function is to provide multi-disciplined security support to a customer’s facility and organization. The position will provide “day-to-day” support for Collateral, Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) and Special Access Program (SAP) activities.
The position will provide task coverage for all security functions/ programs within the organization. This position also serves as Technical Security SME support to security program, provides validation site visits and augment IG for inspection of unit's and organizations performing SAP missions.
- Conduct Defense Central Index of Investigations (DCII), Joint Personnel Access System (JPAS), and SAPNP reviews of candidates being submitted for SAP access
- Manage Special Access Program Nomination Process; prepare, process, and/or review Program Access Request (PARs) for accuracy and access eligibility
- Perform data entry and record checks within Joint Access Database Environment (JADE) and maintains all customer sponsored personnel access information current; maintain security files IAW CAF guidance
- Assist with researching, processing, filing, and maintaining inbound and outbound visit notices • Manage the organizations Physical and Technical Security program; utilizes ICD 705 in development and management of secure facilities associated with the SCI and SAP
- Prepare and review facility accreditation packages (e.g., Concept Validation, Fixed Facility Checklist (FFC), TEMPEST approval, Co-use Agreements (CUAs), Memorandum of Agreement (MOAs) and Memorandum of Understanding (MOUs); coordinate with units and Higher HQ to resolve issues
- Develop physical security operating procedures, inspection checklists, and required by DoD, SCI and AF SAP physical security and TEMPEST requirements
- Draft Technical Security Countermeasures requests
- Conduct entry and exit inspections
- Assist in the maintenance of facility access control entry systems, to include visitor control
- Assist in the preparation of facility access control badges
- Researches, processes and completes visit notices; maintains visitor control files; escorting facility visitors.
- Implement Top Secret Control for accountable material and associated correspondence; maintain SIMS
- Prepare and/or process inbound and outbound classified mail, faxes, courier packages and receipts
- Conduct security classification reviews of customer products and documents Starfire
- Processing inbound and outbound classified mail and receipt records
- Perform destruction of classified materials
- Process magnetic media for accountability
- Reproduction support for classified materials
- Maintain various daily logs for a variety of administrative functions associated with document control
- Assist in the processing of inbound data and outbound data transfer files
- Participate in Air Force SAP security compliance inspections of government organizations and industry
- Follow and enforce the customer’s Standard Operating Procedures
- Provides validation site visits and augment IG for inspection unit's performing SAP missions
- Conduct of security reviews and staff assistance visits at government and industry locations; applies regulatory directives to ensure the location are in compliance; provide input to the Government’s final report
- Develop and administer training material and training records
- Perform indoctrination for program accesses
- Manage the organizations OPSEC program; develops OPSEC Plans and identifies CPIs
- Manage the industrial Security Program IAW DoD and AF guidance; reviews and processes DD-254s
- Minimum 5 years’ experience supporting a multi-level classified environment consisting of SCI and SAP activities; minimum 5 years or more of personnel security experience; to include recent experience within the last 3 years.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience (4 years)
- Must complete the DoD SAPCO approved SAPNP training (if performing personnel security functions)
- Active Top Secret Clearance with SCI eligibility, willingness to submit to Counterintelligence polygraph, and eligibility for access to Special Access Program Information.
- Working knowledge of SIMS, JADE, JPAS
- Ability to Multi-Tasking; ability to handle stress and work well under pressure
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Organizational, Analytical and Critical Thinking Skills
- Oral and Written Communication and Listening Skills
- Must be familiar with IC, DoD, and Air Force security publications
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment and effectively interact with military/civilian and industry personnel
- Possess a high degree of creativity, initiative requiring minimal supervision
- Willingness to travel in support of government mission requirements
- Requires Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience (4 years) and ability to obtain a security clearance and program access required for the position.