Network/System Admin II
The primary function is working with Special Access Program (SAPs) and other classified networks supporting SMC Directorates and/or AFSPC Operational Units. The position will provide “day-to-day” support for Collateral, Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) and Special Access Program (SAP) activities.
Performance shall include:
· Install, maintain, audit and support a secure MS Windows network environment and limited web/data application service
· Maintain internet applications and protocols IP,TCP,HTTP, HTTPS, FTP, & SSL
· Maintain file servers, Firewalls, network access, Security Monitoring Systems and system documentation as required
· Interface with local customers and provide IT related support to quickly resolve problems
· Analyze and troubleshoot system anomalies to ensure optimum equipment performance
· Perform periodic maintenance, hardware upgrades and replacement, firmware updates and system configuration changes
· Perform scheduled tape backups on systems as required
· Manage data backup library to include storage of tapes, disks and other magnetic media at the customer’s location and off-site storage facilities as required
· Attend planning and requirements meetings with IT staff, Program Managers and customers as required
· Prepare system for operational use and support operational tests
· Provide technical guidance
· 3 - 5 years total related experience, including minimum 2 years of relevant SCI or SAP experience. Minimum 1 years of SAP-related experience highly desired.
· Bachelor’s degree in a related area or equivalent additional experience (4 years)
· Must meet position and certification requirements outlined in DoD Directive 8570.01-M for Information Assurance Technician Level 2 within 6 months of the date of hire
· Applicable Windows professional certifications, based on OS requirements for supported organization.
· Current Top Secret Clearance with SCI Eligibility
· Eligibility for access to Special Access Program Information
· Willingness to submit to a Counterintelligence polygraph